what song are you listening to right now???

As a guitarist Jeff's name should be spoken with the same reverence as Jimi , Eric ,SRV and others. Hendrix took the Dylan tune " All Along the Watchtower " to a special place , Jeff takes this Dylan tune to an equally special place and Canadian to boot eh !

As a guitarist Jeff's name should be spoken with the same reverence as Jimi , Eric ,SRV and others. Hendrix took the Dylan tune " All Along the Watchtower " to a special place , Jeff takes this Dylan tune to an equally special place and Canadian to boot eh !

AMEN to that Dave

One of my favs from him

AMEN to that Dave

One of my favs from him

Thanks for that Brian, Jeff Healey Band unplugged, never saw that one. I see it is Eagle Vision , so there must be a DVD of that show somewhere,, have to hunt it down. The organ and back up singers are new to me too , at least that early in his career.

couple of very early Lightfoot songs, don't think they were ever commercially released, from a bootleg recording at " la Cave" in Cleveland in the early sixties

http://www.bigomag.com/TRKSB1/GLcleve/GLcleve06.mp3

http://www.bigozine8.com/TRKSB1/GLcleve/GLcleve08.mp3

edit: click on the play button

Edited by dave524

• 2 weeks later...

Soundtrack to my Sunday afternoon spawntying extravaganza :Gonefishing: Bit of chat at the beginning but well worth it. Thanks to Hooky and the Light for keeping Ian's words and the groups music alive for us to enjoy!

Edited by RDR

yeah its too bad saw them in the summer at riot fest hes not looking good held his own more or less but not like it used to be very unique guy one of a kind bass player

remeber the first time i saw them in toronto in the 80's at the el mocombo with the big bomber rig.

ive never been the same hahahaha

cheers

peter

I've heard that he has to use a cane on stage, just to walk and stand up. He also recently stopped a show after one song, he was not physically able to stand. He told the fans that didn't want to disappoint them, but he could not put on a show.

I hope that he can take some time off and get better, but the many years of abuse may well have taken their toll... he says he only drinks vodka these days.....

HH

yeah its too bad saw them in the summer at riot fest hes not looking good held his own more or less but not like it used to be very unique guy one of a kind bass player

remeber the first time i saw them in toronto in the 80's at the el mocombo with the big bomber rig.

ive never been the same hahahaha

cheers

peter

Just listening to their 2013 album Aftershock for the first time, friggin awesome! Probably their best since Inferno or at least Kiss of Death.