A whole new light on things

Big Cliff

Well, had the cataract surgery yesterday, quite an experience! They did both eyes so I was running kind of blind afterwards but by this morning I started to notice a really big change. White actually is REALLY white, lights in the house that seemed dim before are almost too bright now. Boy what a differance!

Things are still kind of blured but I just had my follow up visit and the surgeon said he was very pleased with the way things went and over the next few days my vision should continue to improve to the point I'll only need reading glasses.

Can't drive for a week but that's ok, Sue will take me anywhere I need to go. :thumbsup_anim:

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that FISHING STARTS as of next weekend and look out fish!!!!! :Gonefishing:

great news cliff! i had poor vision for years, finally got laser surgery as a job requirement. couldn't beleive the sensation of having good vision again. enjoy the experience - by the way the fish, unfortunately, got smaller when my sight got better. fortunately i had eye surgery, not truth surgery.

Glad to hear things went well Cliff...

Makes me wish I could get mine done soon but I understand mine aren't bad enough yet...dunno.gif

My opthamologist told me fifteen years ago that I had the beginnings of cataracts and that he would have to operate to remove them before he retires (he was a young man then with a two year old son)

"Cripes" I replied "I'm 60 years old... I may have croaked before then !!!"rolleyes.gif

Still not bad enough at my annual checkup last October...

Now to get my gout under control before you are ready to fish...it can get awful cold on the feets when you can't get your boots on wallbash.gif

Pick-up new meds today...thumbsup_anim.gif

Hey Norm, I have a bit of gout that flares up every couple years and when it does, I pop a couple Indomethacin and it clears it right up.

Just a thought.

Thanks Lew...

Still don't know what I'll be taking...

Seems the stuff that the doc ordered this morning does not mix well with one of my other meds and the pharmacist has to discuss this with my doc who does not work in Buckhorn on Fridays so I'm guessing it will be Monday before I get started on sumpin'...

Happy to hear the news! :clapping: Had mine done a few years ago, went from super thick high index lenses to 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in the other. Now I use dollar store glasses to read with and it's the first time in my life I can wear real honest to god sunglasses.

Only issue was with lights at night and white on black etc. The Doc. did laser surgery afterwards, twice on my left and once on the right to help the problem. It got better but still a little awkward. At the beginning I would see 2 sets of headlights coming at me on the road, that sort of thing. Now lights or bright light are just an issue but not too serious.

It is an amazing experience.:w00t:

Edited by pikehunter