Seafoam

spooner_jr

Went down to the local Canadian Tire to pick up some fuel stabilizer and saw they now sell Seafoam. It was $11 and change for 473ml. Sign on the shelf said "best price in town", but I haven't found anywhere else in town that sells it, so that may explain the sign.

NAPA $13.29 and CarQuest $11.43

so i guess it is the best price in town

Edited by walleyejack

You can make your own....three major ingredients - kerosene, naptha gas, isopropyl alchohol - look up the percentages on the WHMIS sheet on the web site. Everybody seems to be in love with this stuff. Try Slick 50 while you're at it.

You might be right but I can't see myself holding 3/4 full containers of kerosene, naptha gas and isopropyl alcohol in the garage. Sounds cost prohibitive as well.

I just put it in my snow blower. The float valve was stuck, gas kept running out the carb when stopped. I hope it works. My neighbor had the same problem, the shop gave him a kit for his carb. After he put the kit in problem solved. he saved the old parts because nothing looked wrong with them, the needle valve was stuck. probably gummed up. I hope this stuff does the trick. :whistling:

fishfarmer: if you have never used seafoam before,

let me give you a pointer.

do NOT start your snowblower while it is in the garage.

if you used it properly, it will smoke like a bugger when you first start it for about 15 seconds.

smoke so thick you wont be able to see thru it...LOL

but thats good, then you know it cleaned out the engine. :thumbsup_anim:

fishfarmer: if you have never used seafoam before,

let me give you a pointer.

do NOT start your snowblower while it is in the garage.

if you used it properly, it will smoke like a bugger when you first start it for about 15 seconds.

smoke so thick you wont be able to see thru it...LOL

but thats good, then you know it cleaned out the engine. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the heads up skeeter. I put it in the gas then started it, ran it for a few Min's. then left it to set for a few days. I haven't tried it yet but I'll be taking it outside. Thanks skeeter :good:

Check around Seafoam is also available in the Gallon container here in the USA it is $7.99 per PINT or 49.99 per Gallon or 8 pints. Something to add to your over the border trips maybe.

Art

Edited by aplumma

Check around Seafoam is also available in the Gallon container here in the USA it is $7.99 per quart or 49.99 per Gallon. Something to add to your over the border trips maybe.

Art

So I can buy 4 quarts for $31.96 or a gallon for $49.99? Something wrong with the math... :whistling:

So I can buy 4 quarts for $31.96 or a gallon for $49.99? Something wrong with the math... :whistling:

My bad it's 16 oz or 1/2 quart or per pint. for $7.99. Yall were smart you went metric at least it makes sense based on the 100 VS the 16.

Art

Hey Roy here is your answer.

Art

As long as Sea Foam is sealed or capped, to keep contamination out, it has an unlimited shelf life because Sea Foam is a pure petroleum blend with no chemical additives.

Jim Davis

Sea Foam Sales Co.

Technical Service Manager

ASE Certified Automotive Technician

Art