Little Rant.. LOL

TJQ

TJ your getting old, :whistling: that's what my wife says to me, I'm getting grumpy,there only kids, they'll learn. We just got a dusting in Hamilton and their in a big panic. :blahblah1::stretcher::D I hate to see what would happen if we get what you guys get up north :worthy::o .

Edited by Fish Farmer

I disagree with you TJ.

it is still fall, winter starts december 21st.LOL

Yup, I hear ya TJ. What bugs my butt is when they close schools and the school buses don't run when there's a smattering of snow. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

well if they close the schools, why would the buses still run? :dunno:

Mercman:".But as a Montrealer,i must say that Torontonians are a bit wimpy though."

image024242424.gif

now i can go make my latte.. :tease:

solopaddler, you hit the nail right on the head.

1 snow flake falls from the sky and the morons slam the brakes on.

a few years back we had a good dumping of snow, followed by freezing rain.

what usually takes me an hour to drive to scarborough from mississauga took 4 1/2 hours. :wallbash::wallbash:

I have to constantly correct my northern friends when they chuckle and say "You people down there just don't know how to drive in the snow!" Wrong, the problem is that most of them don't know how to drive anyway, anytime, anyhow, throw snow at them and it just compounds the felony.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Micro climates resulting in heavy snow & building driven winds???

LOL...Sounds Like The center of the universe can be a ruff place sometimes :whistling:

LOL! I guess I'll try to feel sorry for Torontonians when I'm dealing with the 3 feet of ice chunks in the end of my driveway today (same thing yesterday)...

Suck it up Toronto... and save the excuses for your hockey team!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I disagree with you TJ.

it is still fall, winter starts december 21st.LOL

well if they close the schools, why would the buses still run? dunno.gif

Mercman:".But as a Montrealer,i must say that Torontonians are a bit wimpy though."

image024242424.gif

now i can go make my latte.. tease.gif

solopaddler, you hit the nail right on the head.

1 snow flake falls from the sky and the morons slam the brakes on.

a few years back we had a good dumping of snow, followed by freezing rain.

what usually takes me an hour to drive to scarborough from mississauga took 4 1/2 hours. wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

and here i thought that latte comment went right over yer head !!!!!! my bad?

git much snow over yonder?w00t.gif

Don't give a crap if it's cold,as long as I'm dry.

I live in Richmond Hill. The winter months are strange here .

With it being on the lower part of the great pine ridge.It has a tendency to have alot

of lake effect.Seems that the only time it's not snowing is because it's to cold.

Had a good one at work.Needed to change a fuel pump.

On this type of machine, you have to lay across the cat walk with your legs sticking

straight out,away from the machine.Guess which way the wind was plowing.

In T.O. When some one asks what the temp is.We don't say -4. We say -17 with the wind chill.LOL.

pretty sure I saw the same news as TJ (CP 24). People were complaining about the lack of snow (because it was raining at the time). They interviewed the girl who rents out the skates at City Hall and the poor wet hot dog man who had not had a reason to touch his wieners all day. 2 worst interviews ever

Had a good one at work.Needed to change a fuel pump.

On this type of machine, you have to lay across the cat walk with your legs sticking

straight out,away from the machine.Guess which way the wind was plowing.

In T.O. When some one asks what the temp is.We don't say -4. We say -17 with the wind chill.LOL.

blink.gif oh man !!! thats when it pays to stop shaving your legs !!At least for the winterblush.gif

Of course you guys are all right,but try driving in Brampton when it`s snowing :wallbash: driving in Brampton on lovely summer`s day is bad enough but when it`s snowing your risking your health. :stretcher:

Driving in Brampton on a daily basis I certainly understand why Brampton has the highest insurance rates,the highest accident rate and the lowest pass rate for drivers tests. :wallbash:

Edited by lookinforwalleye

Of course you guys are all right,but try driving in Brampton when it`s snowing wallbash.gif driving in Brampton on lovely summer`s day is bad enough but when it`s snowing your risking your health. stretcher.gif

Driving in Brampton on a daily basis I certainly understand why Brampton has the highest insurance rates,the highest accident rate and the lowest pass rate for drivers tests. wallbash.gif

According to Canadas Worst Driver last nite, the drivers in Ct Catherines and Ottawa are the worst.

Just crazy whats on the roads.Scarey is more the wordw00t.gif

We had 15cm here overnite and it was like a normal rush hour this morning.Clear sailing with alot of weasleing in and out of slowpokes....rofl2.gif

i guarantee you, you'll never see folks in northern ontario "stranded" by snow, and being picked up by military helicopters!

too much!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/windsor/story/2010/12/14/sarnia-snow-rescue.html

Well Doc, I can tell that both cars on the northern road will get through no problem, however, when the volume of traffic and the collective intelligence of a garden slug hit the roads down here, well common sense become a sale item at Walmart!

Yah also gotta remember that last year, we had no snow and people's memories are pretty short, when life gets in the way of their plans.

HH

That's funny cause the one on that show from St. Catherines is my old bosses wife, she's brutal, snow or no snow! w00t.gif

she is one scarey asshat.gif driver !! I'm surprised they didnt call her insurance and cancel her.But the guy from Ottawa.....sheesh, take the bus man....Automotive bi-polarism....blahblah1.gif

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Major hwy that sees high volume. Plus that area is 3+ hrs away from Toronto. Its not "the big city".

Are you by chance stranded in your hyundai right now cram? Forgot the snowtires did we? They're in the garage, right next to the common sense.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Are you by chance stranded in your hyundai right now cram? Forgot the snowtires did we? They're in the garage, right next to the common sense.

Yep, you got me. You're so smart, Dr S.

Here's my point -- even if they're not as snow savvy as you, there were a bunch of families (some with little kids, i assume) stuck there all night.....and it was pretty cold last night. I wouldn't be making fun of them.

Edited by cram

In my limited perusing of the news I didn't get any numbers of snowfall, temps etc.

What was the cause of the strandings? Volume of snow? Lack of visibility? Read somewhere that 300 were caught out....seems like I am missing some of the story here. I guess I just don't understand how conditions came in so fast/severe that people were caught.

Goes to show how a survival kit in the vehicle can come in handy even if its there for years and never used. (ideally)