Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly how anyone would like to see a year go out... Brendan R. lost his battle late this afternoon. . The bravest young man I've ever had the honour of meeting and getting to known. I surely hope that I never have to meet another in the same situation! Rest in Peace young man, 19 is way too young no matter the reason. :(

jenchemo1.jpg

Saw this on FB as well. I'm sure these two gave support and encouragement to each other through this battle. Our sympathies to Brenden's family and I know Jen will keep up the fight and finally, once and for all, beat this thing. From Patsy and I, all our best and continued prayers for Jen and your entire family. 2013 WILL BE THE YEAR !!!!!!

Jennifer did her last full week of chemo from Monday Jan 7th to Friday 11th. Hopefully the last she'll ever see!

Based on his reactions... I think her Oncologist is amazed more than anyone in all of this.. I guess he picked the right chemotherapy drugs, as the tumour has shrunk out of sight and it's impossible to find the spot physically anymore. I'm not sure he actually expected this outcome, but based on the last MRI (waiting for a new one) the drugs have worked and effectively started killing this bone tumour (the best the radiologist can see in the images) after chemo week #3.

We were promised that we'd be told a surgery date when we came in on Monday, but some things just get old and predictable... and her Oncologist said " I guess I should get a hold of your surgeon" instead on Monday AM. Exactly what he said he was going to do three weeks prior. So we have no idea when surgery is.. nor can any of us make any plans because of same.

We are waiting for a call this week from the neurosurgeon's secretary for an appointment in the following week or so.. and the best we have so far is surgery will be about two weeks after that appointment. Hopefully we'll learn both dates at the same time when the call comes, but I imagine it will be an appointment to see the neuro again and then at that time she'll get her date for surgery to remove the effected skull bone area. Leaves us all handcuffed and sitting on pins and needles, but it is what it is.

Picture of Leah, Jen and I as her last chemo bag beeped out...

jenlastchemo.jpg

awesome Wayne. :good: That sounds like the best possible outcome after all you guys went through in the last 18 months. Here's hoping this dragon is slayed once and for all and you guys can get back on with living a (as close as you can with no hip bone) normal life.

Thanks T Dot.. welcome to the madness we call OFC ! First and last page won't give you much of what she's been through, but when you get a a few hours... read the filler in between, where she lost her r pelvic bone... learned to walk again and then was diagnosed with a Ewing's tumour on her skull.

Finally snagged an MRI date... so we're back in the city Monday for that and a neuro appointment on Tuesday. Then we'll hopefully learn when surgery is to remove the effected skull bone.

Edited by irishfield

Thanks guys!

Two days pretty much wasted... she faught to get the MRI yesterday and it shows GREAT progress.. but yesterday and today pretty much all for naught ! About all we learned today..... surgery will be a Thursday and he got her to fill out a Request for an MRI and CT at St. Mike's so they can coordinate it with their surgical plotting equipment. Could they not have just done yesterdays MRI there instead of at Mt. Sinai to save some time and radiating?? :wallbash:

So now we wait again... for the new scan dates and from there we'll learn a surgery date. They screw around too long she'll be doing chemo again...

It's very frustrating how they do things, and makes one wonder how they managed to get as far as they have in battling cancer..,I hope for Jens sake they figure the schedule out sooner than later to do the surgery before too long...

I am happy to see Jen is doing so well in this fight..

Maureen

On the fast track... had her MRI this morning.

CT scan, plastic surgeon appointment and pre-op appointments all combined tomorrow between 10 and 2 ....thanks to a Neuro's secretary with a heart !!!!

Surgery to remove the effected skull bone and any effected surroundings on Thursday.

Cross what ever you have for her when you get up that morning! Gonna be another long day....

:unsure:

All the best to you and your daughter and family, and may your day tomorrow be smooth, stressfree with positiive outcomes, in our prayers, i feel like I have gotten to know your family through all the updates here and God knows all of us have been affected by the big C in some way