Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Simply Incredible Wayne.

A true inspiration for all of us!

Thanks Roger and everyone else that keeps checking in here.

Jen went back to her apartment on Wednesday afternoon... to get an entire 4 days and 3 nights (out of the last 3 weeks)without her parents staring at her.. and hopefully some friend visit time. We're back to the city Sunday night.. for full week #5 of chemo for this skull tumour.. and then home again on Friday night the 21st. Deja vu all over again.. better not be sitting in GBH on Christmas eve this time around.. :huh:

As asked previously... please share Jen's Montage video where ever you can, heck.. go click it from time to time when you think that sniffle is something to whine about!

I know I'm new on here and don't really know anyone yet on here, but that video is unbelievable! After seeing that x-ray at the beginning I wouldn't even think it would be possible to walk again. That's amazing the progress she has made. I wish your daughter and your family the best!

Thanks Tayzak... it's not only you, her Oncologist doesn't understand how she can walk either.. but her sure does brag that she can!

Im curious and its fine if you dont want to answer, where her pelvic bone is missing there is there still lots of pain or pressure pain where the pelvic bone is gone? , since the femur bone doesn't seen to be attached to anything and just in flesh there? I just can't imagine being able to walk without that bone, its incredible that she is.

Im curious and its fine if you dont want to answer, where her pelvic bone is missing there is there still lots of pain or pressure pain where the pelvic bone is gone? , since the femur bone doesn't seen to be attached to anything and just in flesh there? I just can't imagine being able to walk without that bone, its incredible that she is.

As you can see if you stop the video there.. everything is gone.. pelvic, pubic and a good part of her sacrum in an attempt to get clear margins from the bone sarcoma on the right side. Nothing will ever be replaced as there's no hard bone left to bolt anything to. Yes, her femur ball is just floating in tissue and muscle. She hasn't taken a pain killer for it since day 12 after surgery... although she's gonna have issues to counter with spinal curvature over time and be a chiros best $ friend. They told her she'd be in bed in the hospital for at least 6 weeks, possibly 6 months... she was out of there on day 18!

Edited by irishfield

As you can see if you stop the video there.. everything is gone.. pelvic, pubic and a good part of her sacrum in an attempt to get clear margins from the bone sarcoma on the right side. Nothing will ever be replaced as there's no hard bone left to bolt anything to. Yes, her femur ball is just floating in tissue and muscle. She hasn't taken a pain killer for it since day 12 after surgery... although she's gonna have issues to counter with spinal curvature over time and be a chiros best $ friend. They told her she'd be in bed in the hospital for at least 6 weeks, possibly 6 months... she was out of there on day 18!

Thats incredible, good for her!, just looking at that x-ray and imagine walking i can feel the pain. For her to actually go through it and continue fighting is astonishing!

Physio 5 to 6 times per WEEK since last October (Sun Life hates her ass.. totally covered to the tune of over 25 grand for Physio and about the same for anti infection needles during her first chemo sessions). Walking sure didn't come easy... now to take care of this Ewing's tumour on her skull.

Physio 5 to 6 times per WEEK since last October (Sun Life hates her ass.. totally covered to the tune of over 25 grand for Physio and about the same for anti infection needles during her first chemo sessions). Walking sure didn't come easy... now to take care of this Ewing's tumour on her skull.

Yes. Best of luck! With the attitude she seems to have, nothings going to stop her! I'm confident she will make a full recovery. Stories like these make me thankful for my health. I'm only 21 years old, but it certainly humbles me reading stuff like this. It makes you realize no matter what your age, you're not invincible to disease. Really makes me appreciate what I have a lot more.

Thanks guys.. Passed her blood work this morning and day one of chemo is in the books. Four more to go this week and we can go home for Christmas. Full week #6 is slated for Jan 7th and based on that week happening (and a new MRI picture), surgery to remove the effected skull bone about 3 weeks after.. so late Jan early Feb.

Wayne, great to see you are going home fornChristmas, whatever time it takes to get there, they say the weather won't be that great, you've probably seen worse. . . And can handle it I'm sure

Wishing your family a Merry Christmas and the best that the New Year can bring.

A