Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

• 3 weeks later...

Through day 2 of chemo this week, with 3 more days to go for this round. Today almost didn't happen with Jen discovering she had an infected tooth last night. Reported it this morning before starting chemo...which then stopped the train in it's tracks, while they tried to find her Oncologist. He doesn't usually come into Mt Sinai until after 1pm on Tuesdays as he has clinic at another local hospital in the morning. He showed at 11am to inspect, write a script for a type of " 'cillan".. can't remember which one.. and give the green light to continue chemo and stay on schedule while I ran to fill the antibiotic script.

Yesterday he found himself amazed once again... and can't feel any sign of the tumour anymore. Ordered an MRI before next visit to see how close we're getting to returning it to the bone so it can be removed to clear margins.

Through day 2 of chemo this week, with 3 more days to go for this round. Today almost didn't happen with Jen discovering she had an infected tooth last night. Reported it this morning before starting chemo...which then stopped the train in it's tracks, while they tried to find her Oncologist. He doesn't usually come into Mt Sinai until after 1pm on Tuesdays as he has clinic at another local hospital in the morning. He showed at 11am to inspect, write a script for a type of " 'cillan".. can't remember which one.. and give the green light to continue chemo and stay on schedule while I ran to fill the antibiotic script.

Yesterday he found himself amazed once again... and can't feel any sign of the tumour anymore. Ordered an MRI before next visit to see how close we're getting to returning it to the bone so it can be removed to clear margins.

Sounding real good there bud. Keep the good reports flowing

Thanks folks! The tooth infection came back about 8 hours after taking her last Amoxicillian on Saturday, while Leah and I were up in the CN tower having a 60th Birthday party for my older sister. So with her Oncol gone to Czechoslovakia... and my buddy/Dr gone to Holland for Remembrance day celebrations, we had to take her into Emerg on Sunday night for an incision/ drain and more drugs. Hoping like hell that the infection goes away before her white cell count bottoms, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Bad feeling we'll have her back in hospital before the weeks out. :wallbash:

Well that sucks! Keep rinsing with baking soda/water or just plain salt/water to keep it clean. Keep your hopes up, with antibiotics it may clear up. Have her see a dentist, maybe the tooth needs to be pulled, better that than recurring infections which are no good at this point as we know. You just do your damndest to keep her spirits up. She is one heck of a fighter.

You're not allowed to have dental surgery or even cleanings while doing chemo... at least what we were told during the first round. (and she did see a dentist for a check on this and xrays on Monday)

How you making out bigbuck?

Edited by irishfield

So far so good. My white blood cell count is down in a big way so I'm heading in the right direction. One of the drugs that is on my chemo regimen causes an adverse reaction (I basically go into convulsions that takes a healthy shot of demerol to stop). My haematologist saw the reaction this time and took the drug off the regimen. Nobody ever said that this journey is in a straight line so we deal with things that come along.

Hopefully for Jen, this infection clears up quickly. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Day three of chemo over... two more to go for this week. Jen's been off work for about 2 months now... had time to finish her walking montage and get it uploaded today. Might make you think twice about complaining about day to day aches and pains. :o No peeking behind the fig leaf! (although you may wanna pause it there and take in everything she's missing!)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D4Tj6DZy9kM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by irishfield