What's the largest bass you ever caught?

fisher12

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

not sure how heavy it was (~22 inches), but i'm sure it will get bigger and bigger as i get older! :whistling:

003-4.jpg004-5.jpg

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

A 23.5 inch largemouth on a chartreuse spinner bait many years ago. Very heavy in the 7 pound range.

A 23 inch simcoe smallie that was in the high 6's.... I have the pictures around here somewhere..... Both won me In-fisherman Master Angler for there year.

One of the bigger smallmouth i caught in Pigeon Lake.

IMG_0021-3.jpg

Summer of 2009 while trying for bass.

I remember that post! I fish Tri Lakes quite a bit and have weighed in a few nice smallies, but none over 5. That IS a trophy fish for that lake or from the other two lakes connected.

In my opinion it is very hard to guess the weight of large bass. A number of years ago a friend and I won a small tournament where we had five fish that I would have sworn were all 4.5 or 5 pounds...

At the weigh-in our biggest fish was under 4 pounds!

Since then I have caught, and weighed, several LMBass in the 5 pound range. These fish are generally about 24 inches long, and much bigger than what you often see called five pounds on TV...This one weighed 5.5 pounds and hit a generic Senko type worm on ten pound, red Powerpro, with no leader.

55August308010.jpg

The largest LMBass I have caught, in season, was last Opening Day, in the rain, with Albert, aka "HTHM."

100_0174.jpg

This fish weighed in at 7.3 pounds on a digital scale and hit a green Yum Buzz Frog, on 20 pound mono, in heavy weeds.

Here's a picture of the same fish taken as Albert lifted it out of the net. I think the actual size is more apparent in this shot.

100_0173.jpg

Garry2R's

• 4 weeks later...

i've boated a 7.5 lb smallie on lake st.francis...

the beast was 24 inches long...

i was fishing muskie and the bass took down a 8-10 inch minnow...i couldnt believe it

the next day...same thing happened again with a 6lb smallie... then it never happened again :(

sorry boys...no pic... it was before i got my first digital camera

Caught this Nov on Lake Simcoe with a dropshotted worm. 7 lbs 10 oz

Solopaddler, Quetico is on my bucket list of places to fish for smallmouth.PB010286.jpg

Do you think the fishing is still as good there as in the past? Would it be better in the spring or fall?