Why did you join the OFN? Why do you stick around?

asdve23rveavwa

Bruce, I'd be happy to buy you a coffee! Just not a Starbucks! For two reasons;

1. There is now way in h e double hockey sticks I'm gonna pay that much for some dirty water

2. I'm a Tims Man!(Iszumi can't be wrong all the time!)

Chris, I'd be happy to buy you what ever beverage you desire!

(See Bruce, that's how you get a mod on your side! LMAO

HH

Edited by Headhunter

was on another fishing board and was the only female and one guy picked on me constantly (no sweat, I gave back the best I could) BrianB (Misfish) was a member there also

We were doing ok til you said"MY BOYFRIEND WANTS TO BUY A NEW BOAT" :tease::rofl2:

Yep joined back in 2000. Got alot of help from the members here.Many old ones are not here,thats thier choice and totally respected.

BTW,what ever happen to d il g that other site? :jerry::jerry:

I use to post alot of pics(once I got the hang of it,darn that typing in [hptjdsu mumbo jumbo :wallbash: )and alot of fish reports,sure have gotten away from that due to work demand. :( 2011 will be my turn around.

Like others,have met and made great friends. Hunted and fish with some great people.

Why do I stay, cause,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Thers no place like home. :thumbsup_anim:

There is one member I have yet to meet,and that I would like to fish with, and Im sure we will one day, fishing for some Simcoe smallies.

We were doing ok til you said"MY BOYFRIEND WANTS TO BUY A NEW BOAT" :tease::rofl2:

Yep joined back in 2000. Got alot of help from the members here.Many old ones are not here,thats thier choice and totally respected.

BTW,what ever happen to d il g that other site? :jerry::jerry:

I use to post alot of pics(once I got the hang of it,darn that typing in [hptjdsu mumbo jumbo :wallbash: )and alot of fish reports,sure have gotten away from that due to work demand. :( 2011 will be my turn around.

Like others,have met and made great friends. Hunted and fish with some great people.

Why do I stay, cause,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Thers no place like home. :thumbsup_anim:

There is one member I have yet to meet,and that I would like to fish with, and Im sure we will one day, fishing for some Simcoe smallies.

Since no one else has stepped up YET

Well gosh I am honored ...it might not be Simcoe but you can Fish Lak Air with me next year at the G2G Brian.

Art

Since no one else has stepped up YET

Well gosh I am honored ...it might not be Simcoe but you can Fish Lak Air with me next year at the G2G Brian.

Art

Must be you Art...Brian and I go way back to icefishing the "Pike Fest" outside of "Hooters" in Barrie...whistling.gif

Cool thread Frank - I notice you started it about an hour after work started? whistling.gif slow season again heh??rolleyes.gif

Blame TJ for me. Found his link to the spring fishing and boat show when I was looking for a boat, then read his online mag which led me here.

Stayed for the great fishing tips and huge amount of knowledge - amazing what is here - from fishin, inboards, outboards boats to planes. The threads are cool the friends I have met - good.gif.

The support for members when they face difficulty (splashoppers recent loss comes to mind) or highs (births / weddings) is also really cool (hey joey - meant to ask-- that cooler - did it have drinks in at the wedding??)

The FISH-A-THON is a great example of what this board is about.

Also kind of fun to make fun of the Starcraft Jordon-Harbour-Chummers crewrofl2.gif

Must be you Art...Brian and I go way back to icefishing the "Pike Fest" outside of "Hooters" in Barrie...whistling.gif

Always enjoy seeing you "COOL CAT" .

Art,if I fish with you,it will be on your home lake. That would be one off my bucketlist.

Fishing down south redneck style.

I found OFC from a thread on the zoo board. The old timers know what I'm talking about. Apparently there was some kind of argument going on here, so I had a look. That was about 40 years ago :sarcasm: , and I can't remember just what that arguement was about to this day. So I joined with the handle "Dan" to get my 2 cents in. Now, apparently there was another "Dan" already here already who quickly messaged me and told me that he was here first! Fair enough. I changed my handle to DanC. Never heard or seen of the other Dan since. I soon got involved in many discussions here. I think I was the lone Northwesten Ontario guy here at the time. To sum it all up, I've met a lot of great people on here that wouldn't have happened without OFC. I've fished with Mahumba, Spiel, Ron, Irishfield and Moosebunk. I've met TJ, Tennesseeguy, Brandon and Tjsa. I was sent new trailer lights from Big Cliff, free of charge. I consider them all good friends, and none of this would have happened without OFC. What a place!

I'll come fish with you and Bunk in the middle of no where again anytime Dan!

8augz3.jpg

We did fish right... lol

We'll do it all once again some day Wayne. Spending that time with you and Bunk was awesome. Both you and I have some stuff to deal with. However it all works out, I want an updated photo from here some day.

mooseandirish19.jpg

Great thread Frank.

Well I'm a fishing addict and needed some weekday fixes to get me through to the next weekend. Came across this board via the old zoo board as well back in 2000/2001. There were some crazy threads back then but there were also a lot of good ones as well. A great bunch of people that were willing help out in anyway they could. Whether that be fishing related or not. Somethings never change.good.gif

Finally made it out to a g2g down at waterfront and met a few members. Some that are still here, some are not, and one who has become a very good friend. (Made a few of those here.) Since that time I've made it down to a couple g2g's on Quinte. A couple up on Simcoe and will have to make it up to Lakair one of these days. I would have to say it's the people that keep my here. The ones I have met and the ones that I have not yet but hope to one day. Yep, a great place this OFC Community.

Edited by fishnsled

I happened upon OFC when I was looking for a man :blahblah1: I thought I hit the jackpot....NOT Still havent found a MAN here :whistling:;)

I wish there were more NF topics....I mean who cares about the fishing topics...why cant there be a different section for those fishing ones....geeze louise (like one of my girlfriends says: call a whambulance)

Some know how I got here but few know why I stay.....I guess its a comfort thing, when I see that he is still here and active (just in case some other dip thinks I am speaking of him) - I am comforted :)

I happened upon OFC when I was looking for a man :blahblah1: I thought I hit the jackpot....NOT Still havent found a MAN here :whistling:;)

I wish there were more NF topics....I mean who cares about the fishing topics...why cant there be a different section for those fishing ones....geeze louise (like one of my girlfriends says: call a whambulance)

Some know how I got here but few know why I stay.....I guess its a comfort thing, when I see that he is still here and active (just in case some other dip thinks I am speaking of him) - I am comforted :)

:rofl2: Now that was a unique response.

I got here the same way as Dan...via the zoo board. I was bigfish1965 back then. I was also learning web stuff. I got some tips from TJ on starting out and eventually ended up as a tester for the company that makes this site's software.

I asked TJ if he would be interested in trying the new fangled PHP style message boards. He told me to...well, he said no. :D

As time went by the board became bigger and bigger and eventually too much for a cgi-based board. So we ended up here.

It has been a fun ride. I look forward to the Nippissing GTG every summer. It has been my only vacation these last few years. Met all kinds of great guys and gals and we have all gone through trials and tribulations together. We sometimes get on each others nerves, but that what family does. The fact that each year we get o meet new members and somehow keep this thing running through sometimes very trying issues is a testament to the community.

Our members are second to none and have given over $25,000 to the various fundraisers we have had in the last few years.

We have seen some great technological improvements over the years and we will always have this site running on cutting edge software. We have never had any down time due to software failure. We do tend to be hard on the servers for some reason..heh heh.

That being said there are more bigger things to come this winter, so keep an eye out for it.

Always enjoy seeing you "COOL CAT" .

Art,if I fish with you,it will be on your home lake. That would be one off my bucketlist.

Fishing down south redneck style.

O you will absolutely be a part of some redneck fishin happenins like "hold my beer for a minute" and "hey yall watch this" with a few " just stick your hand in his mouth and pull him out of the water you woosie" thrown in. If you are a fast learner we could possibly fit in a trip for some "noodling" and some "snipe huntin" too. Why here at Camp Redneck we will have you Bubbaing just like all of the Southern masses we all have stereotyped. So send a check or a money order and get you favorite 5 gallon bucket polished up and come on down.

* prices subject to gullibility*

Art

Edited by aplumma

O you will absolutely be a part of some redneck fishin happenins like "hold my beer for a minute" and "hey yall watch this" with a few " just stick your hand in his mouth and pull him out of the water you woosie" thrown in. If you are a fast learner we could possibly fit in a trip for some "noodling" and some "snipe huntin" too. Why here at Camp Redneck we will have you Bubbaing just like all of the Southern masses we all have stereotyped. So send a check or a money order and get you favorite 5 gallon bucket polished up and come on down.

Art

LOL!!!!! Don't forget "pullin them puppies outta da slop!!"

Art

Too funny.... thumbsup_anim.gif

Art

Something tells me I offended you? :tease:

You mean ya,ll dont yak like that? :lol::lol:

Something tells me I offended you? :tease:

You mean ya,ll dont yak like that? :lol::lol:

Your not even close to offending me Brian. I have had the upbringing that allows me to chew tobacco on the front porch with Grandma and eat dinner with nobility and not offending either group.

Art

Your not even close to offending me Brian. I have had the upbringing that allows me to chew tobacco on the front porch with Grandma and eat dinner with nobility and not offending either group.

Art

Like I said,no place like home Art.

Have a great weekend bud.