Why did you join the OFN? Why do you stick around?

asdve23rveavwa

Great thread Frankie :thumbsup_anim: For me, the site was referred, couple years ago.... At first, I lurked around and then joined..... Once the introduction was made, found myself part of a great community / family B)

There's a lot of generous members on this site that share their expertise to help out other members..... no matter what type of question (NF, fishing or hunting) there's always someone that will answer B)

The diversity of reports being posted is phenomenal compared to other sites :w00t: participation is very high and fun to watch B)

All in all, in it's simplicity, this site is a real gem for all the fisher people out there :thumbsup_anim: and that is the reason I stick around :)

Leechman

I rarely post here, but I joined last year because I was looking for sound advice on a political/environmental issue surrounding a small lake that I was trying to protect. After reading many threads I realized there was alot of intelligent and well-informed members with big opinions. I figured I'd dive in and see what advice I could generate for my battle.

Turns out I was able to compile enough sound and un-biased arguements to use in my presentation to City Council which had a huge impact on the members, and measures were taken to implement a plan to protect the lake from potential abuse.

With the replies to my post, I also discovered there were alot of very humorous, silly, fun, sarcastic and some even downright rude members frequenting this site. I thought I could take advantage of that aspect as well and threw another post looking for a comedian who knows about fishing and might have an interest in writing the jokes for a series of fishing cartoons I wanted to produce. It will be one year ago on October 26 that Harrison replied to my post and I laughed so hard at what he wrote that I figured it was all worth a shot.

Thanks T.J, all the members of this forum and especially my business partner Phil for this successful and fun first full year of Off The Dock Toons!

I rarely post here, but I joined last year because I was looking for sound advice on a political/environmental issue surrounding a small lake that I was trying to protect. After reading many threads I realized there was alot of intelligent and well-informed members with big opinions. I figured I'd dive in and see what advice I could generate for my battle.

Turns out I was able to compile enough sound and un-biased arguements to use in my presentation to City Council which had a huge impact on the members, and measures were taken to implement a plan to protect the lake from potential abuse.

With the replies to my post, I also discovered there were alot of very humorous, silly, fun, sarcastic and some even downright rude members frequenting this site. I thought I could take advantage of that aspect as well and threw another post looking for a comedian who knows about fishing and might have an interest in writing the jokes for a series of fishing cartoons I wanted to produce. It will be one year ago on October 26 that Harrison replied to my post and I laughed so hard at what he wrote that I figured it was all worth a shot.

Thanks T.J, all the members of this forum and especially my business partner Phil for this successful and fun first full year of Off The Dock Toons!

Really glad it worked out that way, Maureen. It's a great cartoon that I never ever miss. Don't be a stranger.

ps. My heartfelt thanks for the dead beer bottle in every 'toon. :thumbsup_anim:

Really glad it worked out that way, Maureen. It's a great cartoon that I never ever miss. Don't be a stranger.

ps. My heartfelt thanks for the dead beer bottle in every 'toon. :thumbsup_anim:

Our pleasure, Roy! And thanks for being such an entertaining regular in our cast! :D

Our pleasure, Roy! And thanks for being such an entertaining regular in our cast! :D

Speaking of thanks, I'm really glad that so many people have responded to this thread. Some interesting reads, reasons, and comments. It truly is a great community of fishermen/women. Like a few of you have stated, we don't always get along, but, in the end we are all here for pretty much the same reason....WE LOVE FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim::clapping:

I joined because I love to fish, and I love learning more about fishing, there is always something to learn, and I enjoy sometimes sharing my fishing endeavors with other like minded people.

Since I joined I have broadened the scope of fish that I persue, learned some new things about fishing, and also gotten some advice on non-fishing subjects from the friendly and helpful board members. I just want to say thanks Fisherman and HTHM in particular for being so helpful.

The popularity of this thread just goes to show you the kind of good people that are part of this board, thanks for letting me be a part of it too!

Hmmm, not sure how I found this place either, it's been a while.

But I have met some really great folks over that time, both here and personally.

A tri-annual fishing trip with several of them is something I really look forward to.

Many talented people from all walks of life contributing to a forum that is able to help one another with most anything.

Having a wide array of topics other than fishing also makes it interesting to hang out so the format really works quite well for those (like me) that do not always want to discuss fishing all the time.

Yes, there is more to life than fishing :o