Why did you join the OFN? Why do you stick around?

asdve23rveavwa

I was on another fishing board and was the only female and one guy picked on me constantly (no sweat, I gave back the best I could) :D BrianB (Misfish) was a member there also and suggested I try this site as it was more friendly and had some women on it aswell. That was back in 2001 and I'm still here today :thumbsup_anim: I've met so many wonderful people and some are closer than I'd ever thought possible from meeting through an internet site. I'm lucky to have met them :clapping: Thanks Brian :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Edited by Joey

I can't remember how I found the site but in the 2 or 3 years I have been on it I realized it is the best fishing site for the Ontario angler and I'm impressed with all the crap the members throw at each other and still remain friends, it sure goes to show that you have to be able to laugh at yourself every now and then.

Even though I'm living at the end of the road (almost) in the northwest I know there is a camaraderie with the members and several members over the years have gone above and beyond to help out fellow members in need. this is truly a caring board.

I still haven't met anyone from the board (DanC you should have called) but one day when I get some time I hope to make it to Lakeair and meet the gang at the get together.

I joined because of the loads of information and its nice to read/see people's reports especially if life has gotten in the way and you haven't been out in a little while.

I stay for the above reasons and partly because of the interesting network of people on here.

I had lurked on another board (at the time I didn't know there was a name for it) and when I tried to join the other site I couldn't. So I searched for another FISHING site and found this one. I didn't really lurk, just joined and started takin' cheap shots at terry (see above).

I've fished with a few of the members here and met a bunch more at various gatherings, even shared some 'Bama moonshine with someone in a skunk hat.

I stick around because I don't fish as much as I'd like (who doesn't say that?) and I like seeing how others are doing... fishing wise.

The other reality is that this collective of people from vast backgrounds and areas of expertise is very useful if I have a question regarding just about any topic.

Thank you.

First of all, compared to some other fishing forums I've belonged to, OFC seems to be friendlier and it's membership doesn't usualy engaged in as much bickering as other forums. I use to live one province west of here and the main provincial forum there was full of bickering, arguing and insults. This is a great place to share our love of fishing, our experiences and knowledge.

Edited by Old Man

Just wait Old Man... "Winternet" is coming soon!! LOL

I was searching for as much information on Temagami that I could find back in 2004 and came across the old OFC board. The rest is history I guess... where did those 6 years go?

Have made a lot of great friends, and fishing buddies, because of the participation on this site.

Edited by irishfield

I was looking for information many years ago on the French River and found OFC. Daplumma told me he found a great website and sent me a link the next day and low and behold we arrived at the same place. I have been here almost since the first version was out and was member 300 and something.... Man has time gone by. I stayed because of how close people I have met have become to me and while I do not get up North as often as I wish I could ...you can be sure some of the finest people in the world live to the North of me. I would be afraid to list all of the friends I have made here over the years because their are so many and I am afraid I would miss someone. So while I may not show up on your doorstep be sure it would be something I would cherish forever.

Art

I can't even remember how I found the site or what made me sign up. Dang memory is shot and I'm only 50. But, like many others, I have met a lot of great people over the years, had the opportunity to fish with OFC'rs, exchanged some info, enjoyed reading countless reports, and it goes on and on. The June GTG is great and I really look forward to that each year and already thinking about next year. Great site and ya get a little bit of everything along the way. Patient mods that try to keep all of us kids playing nicely. There's just so much going on here each and every day, ya just can't leave.

His wife was offered free beer if they stopped in on my dock... but Dan sure wasn't...

LOL.

I wasn't sure if TJ was buying at the sportsman show and I missed it. ;)

*edit* I think Dave Mercer should get a BEER sponsor and have them come to the shows too! :whistling:

Edited by GBW

I'm really, really new to the sport, and have more questions than I can ask.

Google led me here, and I never cease to be amazed at how quickly and patiently I get sensible answers to my dumb questions.

The classifieds seem amazing, lots of high end gear for half the price of new.

I've been on lots of other boards for my homebrewing hobby, and I've learned that the best boards, like this one, are not only active, but local. It's really nice to connect with people online, but building friendships with people who you can meet up with and share the hobby with can't be beat!

Sounds like there is a great group here...

Cheers