Another Spiel Creation

solopaddler

I contacted Spiel 2 weeks ago to build me a new float rod, this one a 15' 4-8lb CTS.

Just picked it up this morning.

The man does some pretty fine work and it's done fast.

This one was a bit more involved as the cork handle is made with individual rings and hand turned.

Great job Chris, THANK YOU!

Hopefully I can de-virginize it tomorrow. :)

15CTS001.jpg

15CTS003.jpg

15CTS004.jpg

15CTS002.jpg

15CTS005.jpg

Free time.....LOL

I used to have free time until Solopaddler found out I built rods. whistling.gif

Thanks for the compliments and I'm pleased that you're happy with the work Mike.

You'll also be happy to know the bottom section off the 13' you dropped off yesterday for stripping and rewinding is already spinning with the finish on, you're gonna be ecstatic. :D

Free time.....LOL

I used to have free time until Solopaddler found out I built rods. whistling.gif

Thanks for the compliments and I'm pleased that you're happy with the work Mike.

You'll also be happy to know the bottom section off the 13' you dropped off yesterday for stripping and rewinding is already spinning with the finish on, you're gonna be ecstatic. :D

That's actually hilarious LOL! You're a great guy to work with my friend.

That Rod Should Catch Fish on Looks alone!!!!

Spiel

Do you make an Ice Rod??? Something in the 28"-32" range, Med/heavy.

Rick

Certainly do Rick, I have a few tip sections laying around here that might fit the bill.

What are you targeting?

Solopadler,

That is one sweet float pole. Great workmanship from tip to butt from what I can see. You'll have to let us know how it measures up on the river.

Spiels working on a fly rod for me as well. Hopefully he'll have some spare time(between your poles)to get her put together this fall so I can try it out on some Huron trib steel :lol:

Mike, I was going to brag to you I had that rod in my hand before you... but figured someone would chime in and say I had you're "rod" in my hand LOL! it is a sweet rod however.. Chris did an amazing job on it... I understand the cork was a real pain in the arse as the darker rings have rubber in them.. and do not sand evenly compared to the cork which equals alot of added man hours and patience.

But the Burled maple seats, turned rings and the cork handles look awesome on that rod.

Chris is working on my new pickeral rod... this will be my third from him. Quality rods from a quality guy, plain and simple.

Sooo... when are we having beers at you're place? (from another thread.)

G

Mike, I was going to brag to you I had that rod in my hand before you... but figured someone would chime in and say I had you're "rod" in my hand LOL!

That's funny 'cause I had your rod in my hand when I was over there.

:lol:

it is a sweet rod however.. Chris did an amazing job on it... I understand the cork was a real pain in the arse as the darker rings have rubber in them.. and do not sand evenly compared to the cork which equals alot of added man hours and patience.

But the Burled maple seats, turned rings and the cork handles look awesome on that rod.

The cork was a huge pita for sure. Chris did a helluva job and I'm pretty picky about my float rods.

Chris is working on my new pickeral rod... this will be my third from him. Quality rods from a quality guy, plain and simple.

That's gonna be a sweet rod.

Sooo... when are we having beers at you're place? (from another thread.)

G

As soon as possible. :)

I was thinking next week but I may be headed to the camp for thanksgiving.

I'll let you know bud.

That's funny 'cause I had your rod in my hand when I was over there.

:lol:

Check out other thread that I started???

The cork was a huge pita for sure. Chris did a helluva job and I'm pretty picky about my float rods.

That's gonna be a sweet rod.

As soon as possible. :)

I was thinking next week but I may be headed to the camp for thanksgiving.

I'll let you know bud.

Thanks again everyone, most kind. :)

Nice work Speil, can you elaborate on the blank a little more? The burl seat is sweet.

I don't know much about the blank other than CTS' are available through John Collina at jccustomtackle.com in Caledonia. He designed the CTS line of Float Rod blanks for local steelheaders and they are getting great reviews from those using them.

Very nice, how much?

Well prices can vary depending on components used but would likely run about $700.00.