RIP Sly.

Guest timeout

Guest gbfisher

For those who knew him. The fishing community has lost one of it's best. Last evening Shane Young lost his battle with cancer and passed away in his sleep.

You will be missed my friend. Rest well.

From Donna

As you all knew he was very sick.

He fought a good fight ...

He passed away peaceful at home ..

I have made the arrangements..

One day service at Forrest & Taylor Funeral Home

20846 Dalton Road Sutton

Oct 1st @ 11 am

1 hour viewing then the service..

Then for a celebration of his life..

Celebration is being held at the Sutton Legion

following the service ..

Tea Coffee Sandwiches Veg trays Cheese trays

Everyone is welcome to join....

Thank you ''all'' for your support .

Donna

4464_110125511952_516431952_2485432_166678_n.jpg

945811663_62c691d692.jpg

group.jpg

Edited by gbfisher

Yes we should all have prayers for his family. When I first thought about summer charters for simcoe lakers he was the guy that taught me the where and how , never held back . A great guy and a great family man , he will be missed by many . rest in peace bro , you earned it . B

I'm truly saddened by this news. :(

While I never met Shane we had talked via the net on a number of occasions.

I had hoped to share my boat with him one day on Simcoe but sadly that opportunity has now passed.

My sincerest condolences to Shane's family and his many friends.

Maybe add when you met Shane. :angel:

Although I only met him a few times on the water, both hard and soft,I still remember the first time. It was at a Simcoe board ice fishing M&G. The Simcoe board had put out an open invite to the OFC group to meet up, out off the 7th line. Here I got meet others like, Simcoe Bob and Big Jim ,Rybak,Chevy and many others. It was close to the finish of the day and here comes this bad ass 4x4 from the south/east. I thought to myself,what a crazy MTF. This little guy jumps out and is greeted by many. I was more interested in the truck then the driver. I thought he was a little off. :whistling: Boy was I wrong.He was just one of those ,,,,,,,Lets say, one of those Canadian redneck guys. :canadian:

The last time I seen him was with Andy out for some whities in my old bass boat.Remember that Andy.You knew Sly was out there. :clapping::clapping:

I'm very saddened by the news. Like Spiel I had always intended to visit him on Simcoe or drop in so I could meet him in person. We had conversed many times a few years ago on the internet or email and sadly I have let the opportunity to meet with him pass. Someday Shane we may have the chance to meet spiritualy.

All the best to the family and I'm sure your spirit will fish Simcoe's waters for ever more. R.I.P.

I'm getting sick of losing friends to cancer. :wallbash:

Sly was a great guy. First time I met him, we were stuck in a truck out on simcoe. There was a foot and a half of snow, in a white out, with 6" of slush. NASTY. We had all the gear to get unstuck, but Shane stuck it out with us and made sure we got to shore. He'd give you the shirt off his back in a blizzard......and take nothing in return..........just the kind of guy he was.

Another time we got up to the lake, and forgot our helmets at home. No prob, Sly hooked us up, and we got out for the day.

Seen him come running out of a burning ice hut one time too.........crazy bugger!!

You won't meet a nicer guy, with more passion for fishing.

A major loss to the icefishing community around lake simcoe. Full of great, real time info on conditions, and always willing to help out.

RIP Shane, your going to be missed by many. I'm sure there will be many great stories with your name mentioned on the ice this winter, and for many more to come!

S.