re-introduction

Sis

I have known both you and Dan since you became members of this board and if anyone has a problem with either of you they better be wearing high rubber boots because they are in a pile of crap.

Both of you have given so much to this board Sis, don't you worry about those who speak of what they don't know! You are both loved by many (well, all the important ones anyway!)

So glad to have you back!

I've been a member of this board for the past 8 yrs but haven't been active for the last few. Sometimes life throws stuff at us that need to be dealt with and I've been dealing with mine.

I go by the nickname Sis and am the "spouse" of DanC. I count quite a few people on here good friends including Joey, Roy, Gerritt, Spiel, Ron and Jeffy (TEP) just to name a few.

One of the greatest things about this board is how everyone stands together to help a member and I will go above and beyond to do that.

So just for clarification, I am not a scammer and if someone had just bothered to check my profile, probably would have realized that.

welcome back...

what's a scammer :dunno:

Here's the Readers Digest version of my past few years.

2007, a lot of physical pain, trips to emerg, surgery end of November

Dec 2007, diagnosed with cancer

Jan 2008, stroke, few days in ICU- came out of it fine-don't look like a Picasso

Winter thru spring chemo and radiation- HORRIBLE stuff

2009, we take our grandson to live with us- 2 yrs old

And that's about it. I am fine, cancer free for almost 2 1/2 yrs now , Stuff happens, you deal with it and move on. ( I have to say "stuff" because we're not allowed to swear on here anymore lol)

I'm happy, healthy and glad to be back

nuff said on this thread :)

Good to see you back Sis! I never realized you were sick, but nice to hear that things are looking up. It has been a long while, but Dan is usually around when he can and has given us all a ton of good info on digital photography and beautiful Brookie pics! Unfortunately, Terence's funeral was a sad time for all of us. That was my first time meeting Spiel I believe, and truly a sad time to meet Gerritt.

Hmmm.....Dan, it's about time you slowed down a bit with work and get us some more shots of monster trout!

For me anyways, it is as close as i am about to get to those fish!

Mahumba was a colourful character! The last post i remember was about him falling off his deck and getting hurt! Maybe you can drag him back for a visit? Thunder Bay people in general are all decent folks in my books. We have two Apprentices in school right now from up there and are an absolute pleasure to have around!

Edited by Rattletrap2

• 2 weeks later...

I'se still be checking in!

I've also been very busy. Tournament fishing is finally over and took it's toll on me. After 6 years the tournament I co-founded (but now single director) is the biggest live release tournament in the Thunder Bay area and also involved with the organization of two others.

I still have me full time job of twenty years and have been working part time at DnR Sporting Goods. We just had 7 Golden Retriever (9 were born though) puppies. My two kids are really growing and I'm proud to say my daughter fished an AYA event with me this year.

My wife is pretty much healed from her broken leg (5 places when the female retriever ran her over)

Other than that I have time for one meal a day and a bath once a week whether I need it or not!

Roger