Seeking OFN Community support for my Daughter

Spiel

Okay...after thinking about it and looking at the numbers..it is a certainty that several participants are cheating. The site admins only need to look at the referrer logs to know for sure.

Mackenzie...integrity is worth way more than what the site is giving away.

If I were in it, I would be asking for a reasonable explanation of the counts and how it jives with math and logic. Without a script or hack, the first several leaders could not have physically come up with those counts in that time span.

All that they would have needed to do was include a CAPTCHA entry and it likely would have been fine. Now you know why we keep this site software upgraded!

This is the "semi-form" letter that they are sending out..

Thank you for your concern for the integrity of our organization and this scholarship contest. In this case, it is apparent that fraudulent behavior is occurring. We had a meeting yesterday about this very thing and you can expect to see a captcha in the coming weeks to prevent whatever unethical methods are occurring.

Furthermore, our site-manager will be doing a scan of the votes thus far to see how they are being accumulated. Those using unethical methods will be eliminated from the contest. On behalf of the CrossLites organization, I do apologize for any worry or frustration these individuals have caused. Please do not be discouraged from submitting an essay.

Thank you again,

The CrossLites Team

This is the "semi-form" letter that they are sending out..

Thank you for your concern for the integrity of our organization and this scholarship contest. In this case, it is apparent that fraudulent behavior is occurring. We had a meeting yesterday about this very thing and you can expect to see a captcha in the coming weeks to prevent whatever unethical methods are occurring.

Furthermore, our site-manager will be doing a scan of the votes thus far to see how they are being accumulated. Those using unethical methods will be eliminated from the contest. On behalf of the CrossLites organization, I do apologize for any worry or frustration these individuals have caused. Please do not be discouraged from submitting an essay.

Thank you again,

The CrossLites Team

Excellent News....I just voted. She is no longer in the top 10, but ya never know what can happen after the above takes place.

• 3 months later...

Last minute push for votes (4 days left). :)

Voting ends on December 15th. For those that have voted and continued to vote, many thanks, greatly appreciated.

http://crosslites.co...88e53e4af40468b

Mackenzie is currently on page 13 in the undergraduate category, you can vote twice a day, again thank you, thank you, thank you. thumbsup_anim.gif

I don't want to get on anyone's bad side, but isn't it a bit hypocritical to be complaining of other people cheating while you're just one upping this essay without (well a good chunk of you) reading it? IMO the essay contest should be meritocratic and not on who posts on a website with a larger userbase.

I don't want to get on anyone's bad side, but isn't it a bit hypocritical to be complaining of other people cheating while you're just one upping this essay without (well a good chunk of you) reading it? IMO the essay contest should be meritocratic and not on who posts on a website with a larger userbase.

You could always start your own essay contest and then you could control who votes..

I voted. Good luck to your daughter!

An excerpt of what I asked from those considering voting....

Need I say more?

.... keep voting folks if you believe Mackenzie's essay is worthy and not because I asked. I'd rather see her lose honestly than win by cheating!

Mucho Gracias. thumbsup_anim.gif