Has anybody ever done this before??

Out on Dalrymple Saturday fishing for Bass trying out the new Braided line with a Senko tied on. Pitching said Senko on weedlines and I get a hit I give it the ole 3 count and set the hook hard well let me tell ya this 6 inch bass comes flying out of the water and hits me 6 inches below the belt line and drops me to my knees, man did that hurt.

Jock straps for Bass fishing??

Out on Dalrymple Saturday fishing for Bass trying out the new Braided line with a Senko tied on. Pitching said Senko on weedlines and I get a hit I give it the ole 3 count and set the hook hard well let me tell ya this 6 inch bass comes flying out of the water and hits me 6 inches below the belt line and drops me to my knees, man did that hurt.

Jock straps for Bass fishing??

:rofl2: I'm surprised I haven't seen a Bill Dance blooper like that!!

Hahahaha,

That's pretty funny. I guess you had no way of knowing it was a 6" fish that you could winch out of the water. With hooksets like that, I suppose you probably should be wearing a jock :whistling:

I've ripped senkos out of the water many times though to have them come flying all over the place - when you're popping them back up, sometimes you just forget where you are in the water column :whistling:

when you're popping them back up, sometimes you just forget where you are in the water column :whistling:

Yup..lol I hit my partner in the back of the head once. Without even turning around...he says...that felt like a senko...lol

Edited by LucG

no names mentioned (FATHER IN LAW) is constantly sending jigheads and rapalas at the boat with startling speed. i suppose if he took a 3/4 ounce jighead in the pills at 90mmph he'd be more careful with snags and hooksets.

great warning for everybody the video would have won you tons of money....

i have a friend that used to set the hook like he was starting a mower. this all ended the day that his 1/2 ounce jig head nailed me in the tackle.. :stretcher:

i told him that by the end of the day he learns to set the hook or he swims back to shore. i was down for a good 10 mins.. it pains me to even remember this lol..

Last summer I'm bringing in a nice smallmouth and about 10 feet from the boat it gives one of those last-ditch headshakes. Hook pops loose, rod recoils and a half-ounce tandem spinnerbait drills me right in the shin.

Good God, did that ever hurt. I dropped to the deck like I got harpooned. It left a baseball-sized bruise that was there for weeks.

Never been hit by a fish but I've had a few close calls with lures flying back. Usually towards my face. I had a 1/4 oz. jig hit me in the cheek one time pulling it out of a tree branch. Thankfully it didn't hook me but it scared me enough that I won't fish without glasses on anymore.

Fishing the phenix open one year and my bro put his rod between his legs just after he cast to take his jacket off. Sure enough a big smallie grabbed the bait. Paul thought he could set the hook and jerked the rod crushing his "fellas". He laid on his back trying to fight the fish while tears rolled down his cheeks. I'm yelling at him to get over it as its a big fish and gettem to the boat! Another team approached us at the weigh-in and did their best to describe, through their laughter, what they saw. Apparently it was quite comical, until he lost the fish right at boat side and they saw the size of the toad. That fish would of won us the T. We laugh about it now, but it stung then(three times for him).

Edited by Harrison

Well I suppose everyone has to admit to something stoopid, watched a mosquito land on my pants..right around the low end of the zipper, wife is next to me in the other lawnchair, I can just picture what she saw next, size 11 hand coming down at about transwarp speed to crush that mosquito, completely oblivious to the fact the about 3/16" on the other side of the zipper is one of mans most densely packed zone of neuro transmitters. I didn't think you could just about knock yourself out and hurl at the same time. I don't think I've ever seen the wife cry from laughing so hard. :stretcher: