From My Mom

JohnF

I mentioned a while back that my wife had taken a header in the river and she wasn't impressed that I completely missed her dilemma, so engrossed was I in my fishing. She must have told my 93 year old mom (Gabby we call her) and mom put her poetry writing skills to work and created this card. It arrived today with two Fox40 whistles.

WetWendy.jpg

hahahhaha thats awesome. your mother is quite the character :):thumbsup_anim:

That she is. She doesn't let the 93 years hold her back much, at least not in the head department. The body's a different thing so she spends a lot of time in her chair at home. She went through a little bout with breast cancer a few years ago and she made us promise not to tell anyone about it until after she was back home. She didn't want folks fussing over her. Of course it's a different story if she hears someone else is having a tough time. She's right into the kitchen baking cookies (she makes the world's best shortbread) and filling casserole dishes to tide them over till life gets normal again.

We're pretty damned proud of her.

JF

Beautiful! She looks like quite a lady!

She really is a lady, in the truest sense of the word. Would that I could get thru life with the same balance of dignity and humour. And she's one of the kindest, most considerate people you'll ever meet. Dunno how she kept her sense of style surrounded by us but she did. :thumbsup_anim:

JF

Anyone who can write like that and makes "the worlds best shortbread" must be an amazing woman.

You are lucky to have her in your life... how thoughtful the whistles were!

( can I have her shortbread recipe?)

Thanks for sharing John...

Cheers,

Jen

Look out Halmark!!!

Its things like this that play the heart strings with grace

It is always best to see the light side of things...Thanks for taking your wife fishing so she could stimulate your moms mind to pull my heart strings...

If i were you ...i would wear the whistles with pride EVERY time i ever went fishing again ...

that's pretty kewl of your mom..

But somehow I think she is paying you back with those whistles when you brought up the topic of one of those medi alert ropes to put around her neck :rofl2:

You might be right. I think she was less excited about the emergency necklace idea than I was.

JF