Trout Fishing - Father Daughter Duo Style

Leecher

What a great way to celebrate my 47th today by sharing the shoreline with my daughter B)B) The plan was to get Mélissa into her first trout and she manage to land it :) When I woke up.... temperature was 11C with a 13km/h wind from the West and 100% humidity.... perfect :)

Left home at 6:00am and got to destination around 7:45am.... right away rigged my daughter's rod with a floating jig and worm, mine with a dropshot type rig with 2 hooks and worm.

Here's Mélissa manning the fort while waiting for the byte

DSC04127.jpg

Here she is with her very first speckle.... real proud of her :)

DSC04128.jpg

and of course I got into the action too :)

DSC04129.jpg

The next pic I thought I had hooked into the biggest trout :wallbash:

DSC04130.jpg

Red horse..... man did it ever put up a great fight :lol:

Around noon we called it a day and head back home.

We went 3 for 10 and spent quality time together :good: PRICELESS :worthy:

Hope you enjoy

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Good for you man. That's one of the best parts of fishing for me, spending time with the kids. We don't have a boat but it's great sitting on the shore. It's always funny when my daughter comes. She's 3 and within 10 minutes she's off chasing a butterfly or picking flowers or something!!! Looks like u had great day.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

that last fish is a trout! it's a whistling trout!

looks like a fine day!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like a birthday well spent. Should try fishing near that cauldron, if there is water flow, there should be some decent brookies hanging around there. Thanks for sharing.

Great stuff Jacques, glad you and your daughter got out. Small specks are always great to catch.

Thanks Tom!!! They sure do :thumbsup_anim:

Good for you man. That's one of the best parts of fishing for me, spending time with the kids. We don't have a boat but it's great sitting on the shore. It's always funny when my daughter comes. She's 3 and within 10 minutes she's off chasing a butterfly or picking flowers or something!!! Looks like u had great day.

Thanks BigGuppy!!! Shore fishing rocks :)

that last fish is a trout! it's a whistling trout!

looks like a fine day!

Thanks Dr!!! Whistling trout eh.... well that was a biggun then :lol:

looks like a fine day to spend with your daughter man. glad she got to experience her first trout. :)

Thanks alexcba!!!

Great job with your daughter and happy birthday to you Jacques!

Thanks Roy!!!

Spending your B'day trout fishing with your daughter and getting a few as well, sounds like a perfect B'day Jacques. thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks Chris!!! It sure was :)

Happy Birthday Jacques & all the best to ya !!

Looks like you had a great day out with your daughter!!

Thanks Lew!!! We sure did :)

Sounds like a birthday well spent. Should try fishing near that cauldron, if there is water flow, there should be some decent brookies hanging around there. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Johnny!!! On the left hand side of the cauldron is a 30' drop off but the wind today was blowing toward where we were..... bringing lots of bait fish on shore. That is why I decide to setup there. Very good point and will keep it in mind for future outings B)

Great job!!

Thanks TJ!!!

NICE OUTING. GREAT TO SEE THE YOUNG ONES OUT TOO

Thanks COPPER!!!

Good luck keeping the boys away from her.

I have a pretty good idea ;)

Happy Birthday Jacques!!! :clapping:

I love father & kid posts!!!

I have said it before and I 'll say it again, you are blessed!

Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Jim

Thanks Jim!!! Today was a blessing in itself and I'm glad my daughter join me.... so proud of her :)

What a great report, Happy Birthday :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Thanks Joey!!!

\happy birthday... \i love fishing with my daughter too.

\i wish i could pull up beside a river and set up the floats too though :worthy:

Thanks splashhopper!!!

Happy Birthday and congrats on a successful father+daughter outing!

Thanks Victor!!!

Happy Birthday Jacques!!! I can't think of a better way to spend a birthday. Man is Melissa ever growing up fast. Soon she will be out fishing you.

All the best.

Thanks Tony!!! She sure has and she usually out fishes me most times :thumbsup_anim: and I'm cool with that B)

A very rewarding experience for you Leechman! A great way to spend time with your daughter and show her the joys of fishing!

I had a similar experience with my nephew on Father's Day - he's 6 and caught his first ever trout - a 8" brown!

Cheers

Ryan

Thanks Ryan!!! Yes it sure was a great time spent along the shoreline and to see her hook into her first.... PRICELESS :worthy: