What happened to global warming ??

lew

I hear you Lew! -35C with the wind chill.....BRRRRRR. The only good thing about that cold Feb is that many overwintering mosquitoes were killed off!!! I know small consolation now, but we'll probably appreciate it more in the summer.

BBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Thta is cold, sore chest from breathing in the cold air this morning while gassing up the truck. I did want a cold winter for our ice fishing buiness and now it can get lost.

Regards,

Sam

All I can say is my heating bills sure reflected temps of the past few weeks. Drives me nut when one tenant calls to say their cold and the other next door has their window open. Oh well I guess the good outweighs the bad in that case.

As far as keeping warm and comfy, think I'll move in with Al and Tipper Gore where they use and pay extra for all that "green" energy to power their mansion next year during winter. Wonder what it cost him to have those private green hydro lines run to his place? Maybe we can get them to run some up here! Hey that would be great we could have red lines for those not so wealthy, green for the rich and orange for those just trying to act wealthy. Add to that smart meters and wow everyone would know where everyone else stands on energy conservation!

Must be because of the gas crisis that ontario is in, people aren't burning as much gas cause they can't get any. See how much we can all make a difference.

Written with a straight face, serious tone, OK, now i'm losing it. LOL

Global warming doesn't mean we'll always get warmer weather...

The average temperature has been going up but one of the bigger concerns is major weather disruption. Some places will go through droughts while other places will get torrential rains leading to mudslides & flooding. Nastier storms when they do happen.

It was plenty cold for my morning walk with the dog! He didn't seem that keen on being out for long, even with his fleece coat.

:lol:

Mike

im not sold on the whole globla warming thing. the earth has natural cycles of heating up and cooling down. no doubt we are on the heating upswing. but is there really something tha cna be done to stop it? or are we just delaying the natural cycle of the earth?

anyway i knew it was to good to be true with the joke of the first month or so of winter we had. I just knew we were going to get winter. Lets just hope that winter doesnt last until april or worse may lol.

CHeers!

In the 60s and early 70s, all the climatologists and doomsayers were crying that we'd be into another ice age by 2000 and there'd be global famine and millions would die. This was supposedly caused by pollution. It's estimated that when Pinatubo blew it's top in '91 that it tossed more CO2 into the atmosphere than all of mankind during all of the 20th century and it caused some cooling for a year or two. Some reputable scientists are claiming that we're still climbing out of the last ice age. Most of these guys can't predict the weather within a couple of degrees tomorrow. With current data, it's estimated that global average temperature has gone up one degree fahrenheit in the last hundred years.

What to believe??????

well global warming is here to stay :blink: ...look at the canadian arctic,the north pole is almost ice free,its never been like that before,so get used to it....they say,and more in-consistant weather,and more freakish and far more damaging storms too,its a mess out there we are still in big trouble.... :stretcher::dunno: