The Production of My New Boat

aniceguy

this has been like waiting for your first date, a cold beer on a hot day and way more, somethings I swear its like sitting on pins and needles to see, hear or get news on the boat thats waiting for you to come become friends.

Well it arrived earlier this week in Canada and had to go through a PDI...the batteries are installed

and charged the trailer is inspected the hull id numbers are on and the plates are coming in the morning, Friday we becomes formally introduced and of course she gets wet the first time ( wait that didnt sound right )

Boat arrived flawless other then the voltage meter not working, and again here is bass cat for ya, rather then

have Mercury send a replacement and take 2 weeks the dealer communicated with Bass cat and over night she comes

Other then that this cat is waiting to purr a few pictures from her in Canada

I think the true colors of the boat are finally coming out as they should

IMG_0899.jpg

I ll have a really good slr to take some decent pics hopefully Friday night and I finally see it with the windshields

IMG_0898.jpg

I think this image shows the curves and profiles of the boat

IMG_0901.jpg

a close up of the rescue ladder and a decent indication of the charcoal color

IMG_0902.jpg

Edited by aniceguy

FRIDAY.....just in time for a fish fry.... :thumbsup_anim:

I think if I was taking delivery of that puppy this weekend I'd just be looking for some flat water where I could make sure it's gonna burn gas okay at high speed and not chine walk me outa my undershorts. There's also the matter of determining that the GPS is functioning properly. That means getting into the best testing speed range - 75+ mph. This kind of testing needs to be done over a period of hours so it's probably best if the gas tank(s) is/are run dry just to make sure it's run long enuf. That might not leave any time for fishing. Besides, the rods and tackle may throw off the balance and/or make the boat too heavy for proper speed trials - but there's a whole lifetime left for that. :whistling:

JF

I think if I was taking delivery of that puppy this weekend I'd just be looking for some flat water where I could make sure it's gonna burn gas okay at high speed and not chine walk me outa my undershorts. There's also the matter of determining that the GPS is functioning properly. That means getting into the best testing speed range - 75+ mph. This kind of testing needs to be done over a period of hours so it's probably best if the gas tank(s) is/are run dry just to make sure it's run long enuf. That might not leave any time for fishing. Besides, the rods and tackle may throw off the balance and/or make the boat too heavy for proper speed trials - but there's a whole lifetime left for that. :whistling:

JF

I was looking for flat water initially I was going to run from PC to niagara and break it in that way, then belwood came into the plan much more stable weatehr wise, with the 35k winds I think the driveway is all its gonna see, although if Im back in time I might drop it in pc for a 40 minute check

4 blade trophy dont think even with it broke in I lll see 75 plus even with a 25 fury I bought and am sending to get blueprinted I doubt I ll see 75 then

I was looking for flat water initially I was going to run from PC to niagara and break it in that way, then belwood came into the plan much more stable weatehr wise, with the 35k winds I think the driveway is all its gonna see, although if Im back in time I might drop it in pc for a 40 minute check

4 blade trophy dont think even with it broke in I lll see 75 plus even with a 25 fury I bought and am sending to get blueprinted I doubt I ll see 75 then

Sucks when the weather man rains on a perfectly good parade. Bet that'll drive you nuts having it just sit on the driveway. It would me.

JF

Guest gbfisher

Wayne not really worried, warranty is never far away lol......thats a consideration too, dunno Igotta cut the grass in the am and see where it leads me

Your niceboat is in the driveway and yer gonna moe the lawn in the am. Have you paid for that or is the cheque in the mail? :tease:

well its home and I spent the day ( in this lousy weather ) buttoning a few things up and sitting and exploring the entire boat

I found more interesting things about the boat in one of the compartments is this approx 7 inch compartment

its purpose to securely, safely store your boat papers in a waterproof dry area

20100508_1364.jpg

so a nice 12v adaptor comes with it and stuck right into it is this nice rechargable thumb light, perfect for a pinch and it also has a red night light attached

20100508_1368.jpg

One thing that drove me nuts was the landing net, where to store it so it didnt bang around everywhere when your running around in the boat, solution a chamber right in the middle of the passanger compartment

20100508_1366.jpg

I always hated docking it, cleats on the back and front but nothing ever in the middle, simple a set of pop

up cleats in front of the consoles...

20100508_1365.jpg

guages especially gas ones sometimes fail so is the tank half full or half empty BCB figured that out too

there is a windo to the tank so you can visually look to see where you are with gas

20100508_1367.jpg

The only thing not completed at the factory was the physical install of a ram mount for the 997 on the dash, its molded into the

console so it should fit like a jem. Rather then run the cables under the console I opted to cut a plug out

install a grommet and run everything like that, it was a pleasure as the wiring was easy as pudding pie to figure out

20100508_1378.jpg

A cool feature also is how there is a 3 bank genesis charger for the trolling motor and also a pro mite single charger for the main cranking battery, in the event say you ran the electronics but didnt take a long enough run to recharge your main batery

over night simple charge it and go !!!!!

Finally a nice picture of the install of the 997 on the dash easy view of all the guages and a good view of the front of the boat

20100508_1381.jpg

Thats all, I need to get it out and run it