The Production of My New Boat

aniceguy

A while back I started the process of trying to sell my boat and buy another, the entire time I thought a marginal jump in cost made sense, so off I went. I scoured the US and Canada for the right fit and boat, maybe im picky dunno but I just couldntfind the right product, I thought i did recently but realized via an engine report it was a ticking time bomb. So my wife sat me down annd said " just buy a new one already" So off I went searching for the right boat for me. After researching talking to some very knowledgable Bass guys there was no doubt in my mind that Bass Cat was the maker of my new boat The talk family business, customer loyalty, the premier boat buidler JD and Power winner. Well as I go through the process I get it.

Im not a pro angler simply a regular Joe yet everytime I talk to the company I feel as if Im the only client they ever had...talk about a great feeling!!!!

Im seriously am understanding the loyalty cat owners have to the brand. Im in a business that is brand loyal and by far and I ll say heads and leaps the people at BCB are ahead of the curve on other builders big.!!!!!

Every time I had a question it was recieved and answered fully, they are doing additional rigging without hesitation and are just a god send to deal with.

I had some emails sent today of my build I ll have more as time goes closer to the delivery date... Im going to try and keep it going for those that have some interest and a longer term blog on the boat and what I do with it.

the hull ou tof the mold

100_0689.jpg

100_0690.jpg

the cap out of the molds

100_0691.jpg

100_0692.jpg

When it was said that its a family company I understand, as I felt like I was talking to a brother today down there!!!

the initial progress, this is awsome as I intend to document the entire process

100_0698.jpg

100_0697.jpg

I thought this was neat as it appears the cooler section is divided into two sections and seperates drinks from food

100_0696.jpg

a really nice side view of the hull

100_0695.jpg

and finally the completed unit!!!!!!!!

100_0694.jpg

todays pictures sent hopefully Im not boring anyone, the wiring has begun, they recieved all my cables and are starting to attach them. The cosole will be neat as you see there is a recess for a ram mount built into it so the 997 will be front and center. I also added some back up lights my logic was that it will be real easy seeing a skinny ramp dark in the mornings

here is the wiring harness for the boat

100_0705.jpg

Here is a neat shot of the process of drilling out the rod locker for the rod organizers to go in

100_0704.jpg

the console as I said with the recessed part for the ram mount and the holes for the smart craft guages

100_0703.jpg

the beginnings of the wiring process on the front deck by the foot pedal

100_0702.jpg

finally a nice shot of the entire hull

100_0701.jpg

Enjoy

I think I put every single option on it I could for the most part so it is a " no need to buy anything" boat and Im sitting on pins waiting until May to get it...I ll post more as I get them from the factory

Edited by aniceguy

Nice lavender and purple boat Barney - very manly. :)

You made a good choice in boat brands Milo. If I were ever forced to part ways with my Champ, I'd be in a Bass Cat/Yamaha shortly thereafter I'm pretty sure.

ya silver and charcoal on the hull just dont show well in the pictures do they

Edited by aniceguy

Well bass cat is coming to the completion of the boat itself and is waiting for the engine to rig it, it should be carpetted today and then can rest a bit

here is the front of my dash with the 788 on it, I have a new one here at home that I ll more then likely sell at some point as this one is direct from the factory the remington steel color is more pronounced today I just love how the troling motor is intrigated into the entire hull here, its a far up on the bow so I ll need to get use to that

I can see how if I stuff the bow on a wave its of no consequence to anything, pretty sleek on the front end

100_0710.jpg

I asked for 4 aluminum battery trays and it just makes the bilge look smart, lots of wires and room in there for sure

100_0708.jpg

even without the steering wheel it looks super sharp with the duel trim for the plate and engine trim,

the 997 should look nice into the built in ram mount on the groove

100_0709.jpg

I think in this picture you can begin to see the charcoal of the hull, sweet colors I think, the jack plate is on and wires are run just waiting for the engien to get rigged I can also see the passanger counsole is added

100_0707.jpg

Finally a finished product sans carpet...every day its like a kid in a candy store on this

100_0706.jpg

Edited by aniceguy

Being able to see your new boat in production is just awsome. Being able to boat over a thousand Crappie in the past 2week in your old green hornet is even better. Looking forward to seeing your new ride on the water. Ya I know, going by me doing 80.

Cheers

Being able to see your new boat in production is just awsome. Being able to boat over a thousand Crappie in the past 2week in your old green hornet is even better. Looking forward to seeing your new ride on the water. Ya I know, going by me doing 80.

Cheers

glad to see the ole hornet is getting a fresh slime coat.....when's the fish fry