The Production of My New Boat

aniceguy

Your gonna be VERY happy with that Fortrex Louis, it's what I'm running on my boat and it's by far the best TM I've ever owned.

Your boats coming together really nice and it'll be good to see the pics of the finished product.

Your gonna be VERY happy with that Fortrex Louis, it's what I'm running on my boat and it's by far the best TM I've ever owned.

Your boats coming together really nice and it'll be good to see the pics of the finished product.

lew I have heard good and bad on it, mostly failures of the aluminum etc....11 days to water test I hope

lew I have heard good and bad on it, mostly failures of the aluminum etc....11 days to water test I hope

That's the 1st time I've heard of any problems with the aluminum Louis, do you have any other info on it ??

My Fortrex was new with the boat last summer and I was on the water nearly every day from the beginning of May right thru to the fall and never had any issues with anything.

That's the 1st time I've heard of any problems with the aluminum Louis, do you have any other info on it ??

My Fortrex was new with the boat last summer and I was on the water nearly every day from the beginning of May right thru to the fall and never had any issues with anything.

I had a conversation with someone last yr on lower buckhorn during a tourney and he went on and on how he went through a few of them and had major issues with the structural integrity. Your using it with no issues paints the opposite picture that it is reliable glad to hear that as that was a point of thought on it.thanks Lew

TJ glad your liking the updates as much as I am

Edited by aniceguy

I had a conversation with someone last yr on lower buckhorn during a tourney and he went on and on how he went through a few of them and had major issues with the structural integrity.

Strikes me as odd Louie that one person would go thru "a few of them" and have major issues when everyone else is very satisfied. Almost makes me think he must be awful rough on his gear.

I put far more hours on my boat than most guys do and so far the Fortrex has been flawless.....touch wood :lol:

Anyways, I'd say you can have full confidence that it'll work flawlessly for you too.

Strikes me as odd Louie that one person would go thru "a few of them" and have major issues when everyone else is very satisfied. Almost makes me think he must be awful rough on his gear.

I put far more hours on my boat than most guys do and so far the Fortrex has been flawless.....touch wood :lol:

Anyways, I'd say you can have full confidence that it'll work flawlessly for you too.

perfect Lew jsut what I needed to hear :thumbsup_anim:

Lew, you may have the newer model. From what I heard a lot of guys with the first generation ones were complaining. Enough so that I decided to keep my maxxum for now.

Your experience is more what I expect from Minn Kota products as I am a die-hard convert from Motorguide, but every manufacturer can put out a dud and MK has had a couple in the recent past. The genesis was a huge flop and the first generation Fortrex had a lot of issues. Just google Minn Kota Fortrex problems to see...

I would also say the bounce buster they have on there now needs to be replaced with a RAM style one asap.

Lew, another thing is the bodies of water that you fish on. Most of the problems I've heard of for ANY boat brand relates to great lakes fishing and the associated pounding of the boat involved.

Charles

Wow wait until I get home and post today's update

unreal pics today

ram mount eh Charles. Good idea Ill have to get one since my last one is in buckhorn some one dropped it over board lol

Hahaha. You know you have no one to blame but yourself once you let me touch something mechanical in nature - it's gonna break, explode or fall to the bottom of the lake. That's just how I roll.

Hahaha. You know you have no one to blame but yourself once you let me touch something mechanical in nature - it's gonna break, explode or fall to the bottom of the lake. That's just how I roll.

true I ll remember that one..ohh on that note Al if you notice a tiny scratch on the bottom of the hull of the hornet. the only scratch I might ad thats due to Charles not mentioning we were about to drift over a house sized boulder :thumbsup_anim:

Well it appears Im getting really close to the end of the build and the beginning of the journey with the boat.

I wanted to say something here to anyone reading. From time to time it comes up about joining a bass club fishing in a tournament etc.

A few back while I loved bass fishing I never contemplated buying a rig and fishing touraments with any fevor. I fished a few and got bit, on this great site I found my first bass boat and also sold my boat and got more into the bass bug thanks to guys like Charles N JP and lots more, its a culture a community and pretty much not a bad sort in the mix. the evolution of it is now I researched the right rig and bought it. Im not a pro just a joe who loves fishin and now I have a rig that is a 10 on the sweeeet factor.... thanks more to come

PICTURES!!!!!!!!

here is a really nice picture of the trolling motor and the 788 on the bow of the boat, Im lovin the cArpet

100_0724.jpg

here i can see the seat the hot foot and other items still no steering wheel but Im sure as I press send its done too

100_0721.jpg

In this picture you really get to see just how body conforming the seats are, also the throttle a cable for the hot foot and the center seat which isint a seat but an area to hide a throw cushion. I am having BCB send me a seat there thanks JP if I didnt speak to rick after you and I talked I might not have asked so a seperate seat is on the way for my kids

100_0720.jpg

The sats look very comfortable and with my frame and some of the 100 mile plus runs in it im sure it will be a welcome creature comfort

100_0719.jpg

What do you think of the seat colors?

Something is getting vaccumed here I assume some carpet trim, but look its not on a dolly any longer, god I love the styling on the hull

179253945ea6a8d778b0796d1646afdea8b.jpg

Sadly in this image it sits without an engine and is waiting for the pro xs to bolt on, its going to be a tough fisrt few hours on the break in to not pin the puppy

100_0722.jpg

and finally a really nice shot of the trailer

100_0725.jpg

Well when we spoke today BCB said that as these pics came the engine was rigged so by 5 tonight I would say the covers are on and she is buttoned up scheduled for the drive from Arkansas to Detroit some time tommorrow morning

More pics of the finished product to come

:worthy:

LOOKING VEEEERY GOOOOOD............

Now I have to ask the HARD question........how much...don't need to know exactly but a ball park figure on something like this would be interesting to me (and maybe others)...

Bob

I was wondering when this question was going to come up.....Well when the engine is on and the final factory pc is up I ll tell exactly....until then take a guess, and now knowing its pretty much the best built bass boat out there, the cost wil floor you