Lurkers Lectures

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

its probably one of your buddies just busting your balls.

i know quite a few of the spots but i havent gone out there cause you did well.

and ya you'd think it would improve the guys business almost free advertising.

i did really good pike fishing once last year and posted a remember. i got 9 PMs with ppl wanting to know if i'd show them where the lake is and guide them lol

Im only lurking to find spots to fish....

Other than that since im pretty fresh anything you post I probably wont recognize unless its part of the humber and credit river.

Like all trees, rivers, waters, they all look the same to me.

Cheers,

Ted

One day soon man, one day soon. I know you will be one of the first to congratulate me when I do.

You bet I will be and Im rootin for ya...Im just not sure why you agreed with the guy that said all you need is a crappy tire rod and reel when you went out and bought a centre pin....?

I belong to a kayak fishing site that allows lurkers to view all the forums except the fishing reports section. They can read up on how to rig various different kayaks, what members suggest for equipment and the buy, sell & trade sections. If they join then they can view the fishing reports section without a minimum post count. If OFC had a members only forum instead of a fishing reports section available to members only, it would still be full of NF crap like it is now. It's not a members only area we need it's a fishing reports area viewable only by the members and post count should not come into play.

Guys - this site is great. Remember that there's always a few bad apples in every bushel, so don't let it bother you when one of them shows himself. For every 10-20 great guys there are going to be 1 or 2 idiots. Its simply a matter of volume.

I do like the members only area though. Makes a lot of sense.

I also wonder if you guys thought about grouping threads based on topic...there could be a trout section, a musky section, fly fishing section, etc etc. It'd be great for access to content and building productive micro-communities amongst the bigger OFC umbrella.

So people will join up only to lurker the members forum....

If anything you need to have a certain amount of posts in order to view the members forum...100-200 or something similar.

That would weed out the lurkers for sure.

I agree with this idea Bill.

I better get posting though in order to get past that 100 mark! lol

Seriously though this is a great idea.

I also agree that one person "hammering" fish on a lake or river doesnt mean that the guy right beside him will. I have been the guy on both ends of food chain on that one.

Yawn, yawn, triple yawn :lol::blahblah1:

After all these years this still rears its ugly head.

Unfortunately, a seperate sub-forum for fishing reports could be the death of this unique website.

A few bad apples...

Skin thickener...

etc...

I want to be a lurker or am. Some non-lurkers can be elitist, who needs that :dunno:

You bet I will be and Im rootin for ya...Im just not sure why you agreed with the guy that said all you need is a crappy tire rod and reel when you went out and bought a centre pin....?

That isn't the exact point I was agreeing with. I was more agreeing with the fact that their are fishing eliteists who think you have to spend $1000 on a set up to be a true fisherman and look down on those who use cheaper equipment. Same with alot of games, golf per say.

That isn't the exact point I was agreeing with. I was more agreeing with the fact that their are fishing eliteists who think you have to spend $1000 on a set up to be a true fisherman and look down on those who use cheaper equipment. Same with alot of games, golf per say.

Exactly, and, I didn't specifically mean cheap equipment for steelheading, I use a Diawa Tierra spinning reel and up until a few years ago a fairly expensive Fenwick rod...as far as catching steelhead, I have fished Lake Huron tribs for over 25 years, before many of the guys reading this were even born.

All I was saying was any angler that shows respect for nature and the fishery, whether they can afford a $1000 outfit or a $40 one...should be judged equally.

It all comes down to LOVING THE SPORT OF FISHING...not turning it into some contest of who has the most expensive rod and reel.

Have fun out there people, THAT is what it is all about!!!!!!!

Also, apologies to Doc, his original thread has turned into a bunch of rants about other topics, not necessarily a bad thing, but, just wanted to say that I love reading his reports as well. Don't change for one guys opinion!

I know what your saying and I dont disagree, however...A Centrepin will put you into more fish and land you more fish than a spinning setup any day of the week and 3x on fridays,..;) all other factors being equal of course :)

I know what your saying and I dont disagree, however...A Centrepin will put you into more fish and land you more fish than a spinning setup any day of the week and 3x on fridays,..;) all other factors being equal of course :)

Centrepins are fantastic for steelheading, however, I know stretches of rivers such as the Saugeen where a bottom bouncing drift presentation will kick a float presentations butt!!

That said, in many situations...slower water, log jams, etc...the centrepin is KING!!!! :D