Lurkers Lectures

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Okay the problem with a 100+ forum is that eventually all the action slides into there. Then we get the main section dying a slow death.

We can deal with it this way...

People can post any pics they want. Don't like it?? Too bad...go away.

I have never understood this issue and it seems to be trout guys. You do yourself no favours by coming off as elitist idiots.

Here..I will prove a point..

I have caught well over 100 ten pound walleye in Port Dalhousie from shore. I don't care who knows cause it will take a big amount of time and effort to figure out the rest. And if you are that dedicated, you deserve it. Heck if you PM me I might even meet you down there are show you how I do it. But there is still a touch to it... I have gone down with Aaron Shirley and other guys and it is alot of work..but well worth it. Supposed to go with Crazyhook but he keeps bailing :P

We, collectively, own the fish...not just guys with fancy equipment. I see alot of guys complaining on other boards that they have to share the water with guys using a different system..that is amazingly arrogant.

So lets just ignore and block the idiots and have fun doing what we do.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

is there no longer a block feature? i can't seem to figure out how to block pmdtrout and he's still writing. wasn't he getting deleted?

awesome that a supposed mnr employee is online harassing an angler. no wonder he won't leave his real name. :asshat:

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

In the conversation... look at his profile that is there with yours.. in read letters BLOCK..

i see report but i have no block button.

Okay the problem with a 100+ forum is that eventually all the action slides into there. Then we get the main section dying a slow death.

We can deal with it this way...

People can post any pics they want. Don't like it?? Too bad...go away.

I have never understood this issue and it seems to be trout guys. You do yourself no favours by coming off as elitist idiots.

Here..I will prove a point..

I have caught well over 100 ten pound walleye in Port Dalhousie from shore. I don't care who knows cause it will take a big amount of time and effort to figure out the rest. And if you are that dedicated, you deserve it. Heck if you PM me I might even meet you down there are show you how I do it. But there is still a touch to it... I have gone down with Aaron Shirley and other guys and it is alot of work..but well worth it. Supposed to go with Crazyhook but he keeps bailing :P

We, collectively, own the fish...not just guys with fancy equipment. I see alot of guys complaining on other boards that they have to share the water with guys using a different system..that is amazingly arrogant.

So lets just ignore and block the idiots and have fun doing what we do.

There you have it. Thanks for the points Rick!!

As far as the fancy equipment and whatnot...I have bottom bounced certain sections of the Saugeen river for over 25 years, and, will continue to do so for (hopefully) at least 25 more...I don't care how many guys fish there with extremely expensive centrepin reels. Give me a good spinning reel with a smooth drag and a 9-10 1/2 ft rod and I'm good to go. I also hate to see elitists in the angling fraternity...if a guy wants to go catch some fish with a "Walmart special" rod and reel and some worms, so be it. It isn't expensive equipment that makes the angler.

So people will join up only to lurker the members forum....

If anything you need to have a certain amount of posts in order to view the members forum...100-200 or something similar.

That would weed out the lurkers for sure.

That would cause a huge loss in the revenue stream and some form of fee structure.

I believe it's time OFC started a sub-forum just for reports, and like many other forums, it should be viewable only by the members. Let the lurkers read the posts about repairing outboards, seminars by tv fishing hosts, how to cook an easter turkey, why my toilet doesn't work, where to store your boat, how to build a deer blind, how thieves can steal your money from a bank machine, happy birthday wishes, and pictures of vintage motorcycles. They will either join the forum and eventually become contributing members or find another place to poach fishing spots.

I agree 100%..then next year I wont blur my ice fishing backgrounds haha

is there no longer a block feature? i can't seem to figure out how to block pmdtrout and he's still writing. wasn't he getting deleted?

awesome that a supposed mnr employee is online harassing an angler. no wonder he won't leave his real name. :asshat:

Hi Doc:

If you can't block THE IDIOT, why don't you start a NEW TOPIC with ALL OF HIS PM'S TO you.... that will expose him to the rest of us and should do the trick... giving him exactly what his passive aggressive ego is desiring.. ATTENTION..

Then we can all block him. ;)

Hey Doc,

Keep posting your reports and that goes for the rest of the members. If you want to blur backgrounds and what not go for it, I know how it is down here in southern ontario but I love to see peoples reports and not because I want to steal there spots. Its just great way to take a break at work, cheer yourself up when life doesn't allow you the time to get out fishing.

I am fairly new to the board, don't post much but do try to post when I can add value and have learned a lot from what others have posted. If we start segregating the members based on post numbers I think we let the bad lurkers win. I'm sure some are just lurkers because they lack confidence to post. I know I lurked for almost a year before joining and I guess it was a strange confidence thing for me which was quickly left after I made my first couple posts.

Yawn, yawn, triple yawn :lol::blahblah1:

After all these years this still rears its ugly head.

Unfortunately, a seperate sub-forum for fishing reports could be the death of this unique website.

A few bad apples...

Skin thickener...

etc...

:good:

Yawn, yawn, triple yawn :lol::blahblah1:

After all these years this still rears its ugly head.

Unfortunately, a seperate sub-forum for fishing reports could be the death of this unique website.

A few bad apples...

Skin thickener...

etc...

I could care less about a sub forum.

this works for me the way it is, and always has.

There are always a few jerks...besides who doesn't like a good scrap every now and then anyway :P

Cheers,

There you have it. Thanks for the points Rick!!

As far as the fancy equipment and whatnot...I have bottom bounced certain sections of the Saugeen river for over 25 years, and, will continue to do so for (hopefully) at least 25 more...I don't care how many guys fish there with extremely expensive centrepin reels. Give me a good spinning reel with a smooth drag and a 9-10 1/2 ft rod and I'm good to go. I also hate to see elitists in the angling fraternity...if a guy wants to go catch some fish with a "Walmart special" rod and reel and some worms, so be it. It isn't expensive equipment that makes the angler.

Hit the nail on the head frank