Lurkers Lectures

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Just because this guy is a goof, doesn't mean we all pin for status. I pin because I feel confident in my presentation, and I found a new form of fishing to be refreshing...kind of like starting all over! I got my ass KICKED on saturday by a drift fisherman with spinning gear.

thats probably becasue you suck!!! As for your other comments...Careful tought guy!!!

I bet he's one of these steelheaders that's been doing it for 4 years and knows it all.

I don't get that impression from all guys who use center pin reels, but it sure seems the majority of guys who have them these days have that attitude. I don't judge anyone, I let them put thier foot in thier own mouth.

I hope the remark about kissing solo's ass wasn't directed at me, cause that's certainly not the case here. I just agreed with him because he was right.

S.

Its beauty threads like this that bring me out of hibernation with a good laugh.

I'll probably see ya at the Willy or Bville as usual, I'll be the guy with the barbie closed face on my float rod slammin bows.

dont forget your spinning reel, apparently it works much better :rolleyes:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

apparently if we disagree with his "know it all" attitude we're all solo ass kissers... although he does let his photos do the talking... stonefly on the other hand is so tough he threatens people on the internet.

Sorry bud...Your wrong!! you obviously havent used one and probably dont river fish for steelhead...so your opinion means Squaaaat!!! its got nothing to do with 'Myself'...get a grip!!!

Nope, I've never used one :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I sold a couple on this board, because I had no need for them anymore.

I've put in my time with pins, don't you worry. When I was using them, guys didn't know what the hell I was using.......you know.......guys like YOU!

S.

Floatrod and Centrepin for Foatfishing/drifting, spinnin reel/baitcaster for throwing spinners/spoons and flyrod for flyfishing...what is so difficult about this? all you up north guys just want to argue for the sake of arguing or defending your buddy? Get real!!

WOW....and, kind of sad. Stonefly, man, relax...enjoy your technique, but, take a trip up to the lower Saugeen below the first island sometime, and, see if the guys bottom bouncing are flossing/force feeding, sometime in the fall/early winter preferably.

Good night all!!

Nope, I've never used one :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I sold a couple on this board, because I had no need for them anymore.

I've put in my time with pins, don't you worry. When I was using them, guys didn't know what the hell I was using.......you know.......guys like YOU!

S.

Again.. :blahblah1::blahblah1: ..your full of it...I can say Anything I want as well,...doesnt make it true though does it...and its guys like you that talk Bull,.. just for the sake of arguing and defending your little buddy!!!

WOW....and, kind of sad. Stonefly, man, relax...enjoy your technique, but, take a trip up to the lower Saugeen below the first island sometime, and, see if the guys bottom bouncing are flossing/force feeding, sometime in the fall/early winter preferably.

Good night all!!

i think its called evolution,...takes awhile up north sometimes ;)

is that the 1 bearing or the 2 bearing model? :whistling:

I heard you didn't need to splurge for the two bearing model when you were just starting out, something about upgrading in the future after you decide if its the method you like...

Floatrod and Centrepin for Foatfishing/drifting, spinnin reel/baitcaster for throwing spinners/spoons and flyrod for flyfishing...what is so difficult about this? all you up north guys just want to argue for the sake of arguing or defending your buddy? Get real!!

wait....do the floats sink if you use them with a spinning reel?

Well that was entertaining.

Glad it was fun for you...Im still laughing at all these guys from hickville that probably dont even fish rivers for steelhead yapping....and btw...please tell in your last few posts how many fish did you catch NOT using a centre pin? more than 1 or 2% ? any?

wait....do the floats sink if you use them with a spinning reel?

Ok I will type s l o w e r ...lol...presntation sucks...controlling the fish sucks....and yes I caught well over 500 salmon and 150 steelhead on a spinning reel before a i evolved to the centrepin,...would i ever go back...not on your life...NOONE would!!!

Edited by StoneFly

Have to disagree with alot of what you are saying!!!

I almost never see anyone bottom bouncing unless they are trying to line the fish.

Controlling the drag with your hand is way better than relying on the spinning reels drag...I constantly see guys loose fish because they cant lock down the way you can with a pin nor control the drag.

Its interesting that 95% of the fish caught are by guys with a Centre pin,..not too mention 90% of Steelheaders use one. there are all facts. Most of what you said is heresay,..and I would bet yu use a pin >90% of the time. ;)

None of this post is true...

You accuse me of flossing?? Nice.

So anyone who doesn't do what you do is a poacher and is doing it wrong?

How do you think all of us old timers caught fish before the centre pins came along? There was a time when using floats was considered 'uncool'. Any fool could use a bobber....