ONWARD

BITEME

My name is PETER FAIRWEATHER, and I am a nicotine addict.

I have stopped nicotine for 3 months, 1 day, 2 minutes and 35 seconds (91 days).

I've not smoked 2730 death sticks, and saved $1,046.79.

I've saved 9 days, 11 hours and 30 minutes of my life.

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

hardest thing I ever did - and the best. Smoked 2 packs a day. Swore I would quit when they were a buck a pack (I know, I'm dating myself). I did when a small players light cost 1.10 at Macs Milk. The first month is the hardest, after that it MOSTLY goes away. Haven't had one in 15 years, but every once in a whie, when someone opens a really fresh pack..... OH GOD does that smell good. But I get over it. The good thing is, when I hook a really nice fish, I can enjoy a cigar and not be in withdrawl the next day.

Now the fine single malt scotch I have with the cigar -damn if I don't feel like I need another... actually, maybe I'll have one now ...

Good for you and your family and friends. Cold turkey is the way to go. Otherwise substitutes just seem to bring you back. The savings will buy you what is really important in life. Lots of :Gonefishing: gear. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: . You will feel better and not cough when you :rofl2: . In college I went up north and when in the boat of course u had to be cool with the boys so I had my first 3 colts in a row. BIG MISTAKE. My face took on the colour of my :asshat: . I felt like :stretcher: . The water wasn't blue for long. Never smoked again. My hats off to you.Many more years of happy fishing to you. Cheers.

Atta boy Pete...Keep at it !

It's well worth it...

I found not smoking(24 years this July) harder to shake than booze (38 years this May) but I used the same mindset for not smoking as I did for not drinking...

"Nothing, absolutely Nothing is worth taking a drink/cigarette...

Nothing so grand, so glorius, so great is worth it to celebrate...

Nor nothing so sad, so bad, so tragic is worth it to get over the grief"

Just a little sumpin' I heard in my early days of quitting that stuck with me...

Edited by Beans

You're doing good. Tomorrow you'll be a bit further, and the next day futher, than the day before. Should start to get easier now.

Been 10 years come May, and the smell of a good bowl or cigar will still set off a hankering. Then the son waves one of them Rez smokes under my nose and the urge is gone quick.

Man does that boy stink bad. You'll notice that about smokers too :blink::P

Great job ... you will THANK YOURSELF in a few years ... and you'll always be proud of yourself for your accomplishment !

It took me 25 years to dare to try (mostly because I was so afraid I wouldnt be able to do it) .. and now just over 3 years later ... I am so glad I did.

My SMOB-ometer broke a couple of laptops ago .. but I figure I am just over 35,000 butts to the good now :) ... scary eh

You should be proud Pete! Its a tough one to kick. I hope I can finally get 'er done too!

Whatever you do, don't even think about starting up again. We'll have to come down there and kick your asshat.giftease.gif

S.

I hope you get'er done too! I cant take anymore of that second hand smoke the odd time we fish together thumbsup_anim.gif