NF - Our girls party like champions! lol

Those who don't like it can pound salt. Who can blame them for being in a celebratory mood. This is probably the biggest thing they work for, unlike our hockey men who get paid millions to chase a whole series of huge awards throughout their playing careers.

As one American commentator said "Would anyone get upset if Sidney Crosby lit up a cigar and popped a beer after such a big win?" I paraphrased a bit but that's what he said, and I agree. If it had been one of my kids on the team I'd have been buying the beer and cigars. And let's not have any of that "ladies" nonsense. Ladies don't kick butt on the ice like that. :P

And for Rogge and all the other uptight Olympic jaggoffs to use the platform of the girls' win to threaten to pull the sport from the Olympics because two teams are dominating is hypocritical crap. Look around Europe at the dominance they gloat about in certain events, but does anyone threaten to drop those events? Of course not, and the North Americans are starting to get a wedge in the door after years of perseverance, like the American who just won a cross country ski event.

So, to paraphrase another columnist "Get over it. They deserve to celebrate."

JF

Those who don't like it can pound salt. Who can blame them for being in a celebratory mood. This is probably the biggest thing they work for, unlike our hockey men who get paid millions to chase a whole series of huge awards throughout their playing careers.

As one American commentator said "Would anyone get upset if Sidney Crosby lit up a cigar and popped a beer after such a big win?" I paraphrased a bit but that's what he said, and I agree. If it had been one of my kids on the team I'd have been buying the beer and cigars. And let's not have any of that "ladies" nonsense. Ladies don't kick butt on the ice like that. :P

And for Rogge and all the other uptight Olympic jaggoffs to use the platform of the girls' win to threaten to pull the sport from the Olympics because two teams are dominating is hypocritical crap. Look around Europe at the dominance they gloat about in certain events, but does anyone threaten to drop those events? Of course not, and the North Americans are starting to get a wedge in the door after years of perseverance, like the American who just won a cross country ski event.

So, to paraphrase another columnist "Get over it. They deserve to celebrate."

JF

Amen brotha

Cheers

Craig

Just saw the pictures of the on ice celebrations. Looked like good clean fun to me. I'm sure the biggest problem is the underage thing. Somebody has pointed that out, so now the powers that be have to act on it cause it is there responsibility.

To me this is one of those instances where you just smile and let the girls have some fun.

A little lecture and finger wagging behind closed doors, should be all that comes out of this. Someone has to do there job, they'll do it, and all will be forgotten.

If they, the IOC, didn't want this to happen.... the booze wouldn't be there in the first place since it's liquor other than residence no matter how they look at it. That said... pass the bottle!!

Like John said.. no body would give it a second look if it was the men's team doing the same thing. Heck.. they probably handed the gals the cigars!!

they're canadian!! thats how we do it in CANADA!!!!! WE DRINK BEER AND PARTY!

and to the poor "embarrassed" member of the IOC... really, tell me NONE of u had a drink underage...?? thats what i thought! oh, and its only underage in some provinces.. :P

GO CANADA!!