Big Bad Wolf

fishinfool

A fellow down the road from us claims to have shot an Eastern Timber wolf not far from here, I saw pictures of it and it was a lot bigger than the coyoties I have seen around here but it sure wasn't that big. From now on when I go hunting I am going to take a buddy with me and I'll make sure he can't run as fast as I can. Hey Beans old buddy how you doing these days? Would you like to do some hunting with me this year :devil:

From now on when I go hunting I am going to take a buddy with me and I'll make sure he can't run as fast as I can. Hey Beans old buddy how you doing these days? Would you like to do some hunting with me this year :devil:

Wouldn't do you any good Cliff. The wolf would take one bite out of Beansie's tough old hide...spit it out...and come after you anyway :P

Edited by crappieperchhunter

its a shame it was killed..Beautifull animal.. What exactally is the purpose of killing them? I understand hunting but personally id like to hunt the guys that kill those beautys..Somthing wrong there folks!!!!

Edited by tb4me

New world record, shot in Alberta I beleive, google "world record wolf" it will bring you to a film companies web site, apparently they got it all on tape.

It was shot in Bulgaria if I'm not mistaken... There are stories of it being shot in Alberta and even Gogama!! lol

its a shame it was killed..Beautifull animal.. What exactally is the purpose of killing them? I understand hunting but personally id like to hunt the guys that kill those beautys..Somthing wrong there folks!!!

If its taken in a legal season there is nothing wrong with it at all, and its no different then harvesting any other animal, or fish for that matter.

Be it for a hide, sustinace or trophy its legal and I'd tread carefully on how you value one animal over another lest ye give P3TA amunition.

Outdoorsman alike should support our kin even if is not our cup of tea.

If I shot a wolf for a hide...is it any different then you taking a Muskie, or a bass in season to be stuffed?

Its the same thing except some people revere Wolves as Dogs, and think of them as Pets....which they ain't.

The MNR sets the guidelines around here, and they do it based on hard science to promote "healthy" populations keeping sport in mind as a secondary thought.

It all plays into a master plan that acounts for other animals that the Wolves prey on such as Beavers, Rabbits, Deer, Moose etc...

It's all about balance, and we should leave that to the experts.

Its the tree hugger mantality that canceled the Spring Bear hunt and that is not exsactly sitting well with people these day is it?

To each there own as long as its with in the law, and the law is doing their due dillegence in supporting a sustainable healthy population.

Sorry if I come across as harsh but don't go spouting off about wanting to hunt the hunters cause you feel bad for the big wild puppy dogs

:rolleyes:

A fellow down the road from us claims to have shot an Eastern Timber wolf not far from here, I saw pictures of it and it was a lot bigger than the coyoties I have seen around here but it sure wasn't that big. From now on when I go hunting I am going to take a buddy with me and I'll make sure he can't run as fast as I can. Hey Beans old buddy how you doing these days? Would you like to do some hunting with me this year :devil:

Oh that's funny.

If I shot a wolf for a hide...is it any different then you taking a Muskie, or a bass in season to be stuffed?

I don't mind hunting when the animal is harvested for sport AND food. Not really a fan of harvesting for trophies....be it a wolf, a musky, or anythign else for that matter.

And, to your point -- muskies have tiny brains that are very simple. They are more instinctive than thinkers. They certainly do not have emotions.

Wolves are intelligent, social animals. They collaborate on hunts...and do things that demonstrate intelligence and sentience that fish and deer/moose/etc don't have.

I don't blame anyone for hunting wolves...it is legal. But, i do think it should be illegal.

Killing whales was legal at one point as well. Think about that.