24" snow set for the South (Virginia) Fri and Sat

aplumma

If I find out Canada "attacked" us on purpose I'm comin up there in June and drowned all of your muskies at Lak Air :P

Art

You do that and we'll send you a few of our skeeters. Not the normal 3 ounce variety either. These dudes can stand flat footed and rape a turkey.

Stay safe in the storm, Bud.

I think I may have got a bit of a sunburn today.Had a great tussle with a stingray and cuacht a grouper.Went ziplining thru the jungle canapy and took a snooze by the pool before walking to the beach to do some snorkling.I thought I saw a cloud earlier but was mistaken.Its a little too hot when the breeze dies down here.

Art,there is a can of diesal in my garage for the tractor.Please check my phone messages to see if Les wants to borrow the tractor.The internet can be spotty here but you can email me if there are any problem. How are my dogs?

Hosers,I think that if the US wants to retaliate for your dumping this snow on us it should be over quick.I have never seen so many Canadians as I have here in Costa Rica.Your country must be empty.

Joe

Well I have been tractoring for 9 hours today and still havent reached the road. The blade does nothing so it is scoop a bucket and then turn to the side and dump....repeat a gazillion times. The monotony breaker is get the tractor unstuck. This is a big tractor too.

If I find out Canada "attacked" us on purpose I'm comin up there in June and drowned all of your muskies at Lak Air :P

Art

Hamilton, ontario sent it your way and took the chains for your wheels. :blink: Just a little sarcasm my friend.

Hamilton, ontario sent it your way and took the chains for your wheels. :blink: Just a little sarcasm my friend.

Chains??? Vinnimon we don't get this white stuff often in this amount.I bet you couldn't buy a set of chains within a 100 miles or a snowblower in 200. But I will keep workin at it even with your distractions V :lol:

Art

The official count is 35" here in Leesburg. 16 hours of tractorin to reach the main road and 2 furnaces went out due to snow blockage. Both fixed the 3rd one needs a new blower motor but Joe has 2 furnaces so it will survive. I can say that this really messed up the area pretty badly with the main roads still snow packed with less than 60 cars an hours or about 5% of the normal traffic. Next year I think I will winter inn Canada so I don't has so much snow to deal with....

Art

Good luck to our southern contingent!!

And they need it! Geography wise.

I was in Florida yesterday morning and the snow thing came up . . . and a gentleman asked me where we were from and told him ONTARIO CANADA . . . his answers "I guess you'll be home before us" (flight leaving at the same time) and then I asked him where he was from and he told me Arkansas . . . ? I almost broke up!

No snow in my drive way!

Yeah - we need it alright. Another one is coming our way tomorrow and into Wednesday from what I hear. :wallbash: We're running out of places to put it. And, hats off to our borough employees and their plowing abilitities. The street in front of my house is now only one lane and there is a good 8+ feet of snow from the curb out to where they actually plowed. Couple that with several feet unplowed on the other side. Sue glad we have a helpful neighbor with the equipment to finish up the boro's job in front of my house.

Stick around - we have another one coming in latert today and into tomorrow. Winter Storm Warnings are already posted for my area. Forecast we heard this morning was for up to another foot of snow. Of course, that's what they were predicting for the week-end storm, and we doubled that one.

Fire up the tractor again Art. :w00t:

Word of caution from some one who went through the Blizzard of 77 in southern Niagara where everyone was socked in for days with over 3 feet of snow in 24 hours. The birth rate spiked 18% over normal later that year, be careful. :D

Dave, Art is living with goats and chickens.....I certainly hope there's no population spike.

Don't feel bad Uncle Arttie, we're s'posed to snow all day here in 'Bama tomorrow. Earlier in the week they were calling for 1-3 inches.... but they haven't said anything lately. The ground is going to be good and frozen with an over night low of 27*F, so what ever falls is going to stick.

I blame Canada for this! :angry: ... y'all keep that dad-burned cold air to yourselves now, ya heah?

Y'all is messing up my spring Speckled Perch fishin'!!! <_<