24" snow set for the South (Virginia) Fri and Sat

aplumma

Well the storm is almost here and the forcast is set for 18" to 24" before it is all over with. It seems it would be rain except for Canadas generous donation of the cold air.... So in the same spirit that you gave the cold air to us. We ( The Southern Contingency) Have officially decided to not send any Warm air up North till you stop your unwanted cold air attack...

Feel free to Email this note to all of your friends since we are working on a limited budget here at the Contingency

Thank you for your attention to this note.

Leader of the Southern Contingency

Art

Edited by aplumma

Thats incredible.. its funny... I have maybe 6" of snow on the ground here.... I dont think its climate warming, i think its climate shifting... wanna borrow my snowblower?? (oh ya... and your welcome!!)

Well the good news is we have a decent sized tractor with a bucket and blade so I will survive fine. The bad news is Daplumma and Bec's with Mom and Pops are all sitting on the beach in Costa Rica laughing at me I am sure. I'm off to get some extra fuel for the tractor before it starts that nasty white stuff falling from the sky.

Art

The bad news is Daplumma and Bec's with Mom and Pops are all sitting on the beach in Costa Rica laughing at me I am sure.

Im sure they laugh at ya when they are at home too... don't feel bad.

So Art, your own parents and brother didn't invite you to go on holidays with them eh? Go easy on the goats, Joe'll be steamed if he returns to broken goats and chickens. Are you sure he's bringing you to Lakair this year?

So Art, your own parents and brother didn't invite you to go on holidays with them eh? Go easy on the goats, Joe'll be steamed if he returns to broken goats and chickens. Are you sure he's bringing you to Lakair this year?

:lol: Broken goats. Leave Rocket alone bud !! lol

Yea poor old left out me... Actually this is how we vacation every year. 2/3 of the farm go on vacation and then next month Mom and Pops and my wife and I go next month it makes it easier to take care of the animals. Since it is my truck and my boat that is going it is more like I am taking JOE to Lak Air but since yall are lookin forward to us visitin I guess he gets to come along.

Art

Don't worry Wayne "Rocket" and all of the other goats are warm,dry and well fed....

We ended up with about 2 feet of that white stuff. Thank goodness for kind neighbors with snow blowers or I'd still be out there. Went ahead and removed the snow from our 2-car garage, as I'm assuming there was a tremendous amount of weight up there. Now - If I can even move tomorrow, it will be a wonder. My mother also has very accommodating neighbors, or I'd be up there trying to get her dug out. OK - Enough of winter already. South of us, had even more.

Maybe Art will pop in and tell us how much he got down there.

Well I have been tractoring for 9 hours today and still havent reached the road. The blade does nothing so it is scoop a bucket and then turn to the side and dump....repeat a gazillion times. The monotony breaker is get the tractor unstuck. This is a big tractor too.

If I find out Canada "attacked" us on purpose I'm comin up there in June and drowned all of your muskies at Lak Air :P

Art