To our American friends...

Gerritt

Alright ... what is a Katchup chip ?

We eat Katchup on our fries.

With my frequent visits to Canada .... I now enjoy vinegar on the.m

Rich, You should be able to find Ketchup chips is PA...they are made by a company called Herrs.

.......... I don't think they have Smarties??

We have a candy called Smarties but they are what Canadians call "Rockets" and oddly enough, they are made in Canada hehe

Guest lundboy

I remember standing in line in a burger joint in downtown Toronto, and a couple from the US were in front of me ordering fries and burgers and they were asked if they wanted gravy on them. They were so disgusted!

That was just before they started serving Poutine in Toronto so it was a while ago. Can you imagine if that couple was asked if they wanted Cheese and Gravy??

I have noticed on US TV KFC is now advertising KFC Famous Bowls:

"We start with a generous serving of our creamy mashed potatoes, layered with sweet corn and loaded with bite-sized pieces of crispy chicken. Then we drizzle it all with our signature home-style gravy and top it off with a shredded three-cheese blend. It's all your favorite flavors coming together."

It's still not Poutine, but they are coming around!

I remember standing in line in a burger joint in downtown Toronto, and a couple from the US were in front of me ordering fries and burgers and they were asked if they wanted gravy on them. They were so disgusted!

That was just before they started serving Poutine in Toronto so it was a while ago. Can you imagine if that couple was asked if they wanted Cheese and Gravy??

I have noticed on US TV KFC is now advertising KFC Famous Bowls:

"We start with a generous serving of our creamy mashed potatoes, layered with sweet corn and loaded with bite-sized pieces of crispy chicken. Then we drizzle it all with our signature home-style gravy and top it off with a shredded three-cheese blend. It's all your favorite flavors coming together."

It's still not Poutine, but they are coming around!

Even more so if it was cheese curds and gravey; which is how true poutine is made.

Talk about a cornary...geez you guys and your gravy. Man that gravy and biscuit deal sure looks appetizing...NOT. Eat that and you can feel your heart skipping and missing a beat or two. Boy oh boy I'm sure glad I don't eat stuff like that....I'd be 400lbs and dead by now. Doesn't anyone eat healthy stuff....how about popcorn or granola bars or just fruit for a snack. I know I feel healthier just talking about eating healthier....lol. B)

Things you can't get in Florida (besides an accurate election)..

Tea..you know regular damm tea. Nope..sorry.

Vinegar for fries.

Iced Tea (now you'd think iced tea would be everywhere there)

Iced Tea and Vodka. We were drinking them after we found a bar that had iced tea and we were getting strange looks till the locals tried it and then we all got stewed on T and V.

Decent coffee for your hangover.

Ever tried ordering the other hangover drink -the "Caesar" (vodka and clamato) in the states, gets a few blank stares.

Been to Pittsburgh a few times, one of their specialties is a fish fillet on a bun with the fries on top of the fish in the sandwich.

BTW that pic looks like another specialty-the chicken fried steak.

We have an imported food section here at one of our local grocery shops and they have some speciality canadian items like Ketchup chips, coffee crisp, aero. That was my biggest adjustment when i moved to Kentucky from ontario 3 1/2 years ago. I had to give up all my favorites like Harveys, Mr Sub, Tim Hortons, Coffee Crisp, Ketchup Chips :(

Pittsburgh's got the Primanti sandwiches, slaw and fries right on the sammich. I eat 'em regularly.

Ketchup chips? I don't care about them but like someone said above, in addition to the fishin', my Canada trips are for Coffee Crisps too. I bring a box back every year.

Talk about a cornary...geez you guys and your gravy. Man that gravy and biscuit deal sure looks appetizing...NOT. Eat that and you can feel your heart skipping and missing a beat or two. Boy oh boy I'm sure glad I don't eat stuff like that....I'd be 400lbs and dead by now. Doesn't anyone eat healthy stuff....how about popcorn or granola bars or just fruit for a snack. I know I feel healthier just talking about eating healthier....lol. B)

One of my favs is Grapefruit chunks with some Banana and Apple mixed in.

Even more so if it was cheese curds and gravey; which is how true poutine is made.

Oh Hell!!! why didn't you say that's what that was!... we have that here!

We call it Hog Slop!!!... and the hogs just love it!!!

... but then again, y'all call grits vomit... so I guess we're even! :whistling:

Not to do with Ketchup chips but it was fun. Us Canadians were on ex with the yanks in California and were told about the Black Widow. So we took precautions. bUTTT. When the Yanks went to Canada, Petawawa, IN THE WINTER. Poor Alabama Boy" We told them about our snow snakes. Seems we had a hard time getting them out of the tents.

Dustink, they are potato chips that taste like ketchup LOL... and I never even thought that our buds down south dont have them!!! the most powerful country in the world... and you cant find a chip in ketchup flavour anywhere!!! man.....

I didnt know about the vinegar thing either lol...geeez I am batting ZERO today...

Gerritt.

You can add another zero Gerritt.

NO FISH !!!

No worries bud. Most of us were in the same situation.

Maybe no Ketchup chips, but the Americans do have mild and hot Giardiniera ( Yummmmm ) as well as Glory different varieties of southern style vegetables. Another favourite of mine is Andy Capps fries and................

Here in Quebec, a large portion of the population eat their french fries with mayonnaise or Kraft salad dressing.

Almost all hot dogs are fried and not "steamed". To fry the hot dogs, they are split open before placing them on the grill. The hot dog buns are also heated up and flattened on the grill. Actually there are 2 types of hot dog buns. One for steamed hot dogs and the other for fried hot dogs.

I had a fast food restaurant for a while and the american tourists just raved at how good the fried hot dogs were. The usual added ingredients are cheddar cheeze, ketchup, fine chopped cabbage, fine chopped onion, relish, mustard or any combination of these ingredients. Then the hot dog is slipped into a wax paper wrapping and french fries are added to the package before it is closed. Yes, the vinegar and mayonnaise, plus a big tooth pick is nearby to complete the presentation.

Dang, I'm getting hungry.

As for Giardiniera, I can find 4 types just across the street at the Italian deli.

If you ever are in there pm me the brands they carry and if possible price. I get mine in Pt Huron Mich at present, but would like to try a different brand.