Bell cell contract NF

HTHM

Just offer sexual favours. If that doesn't work, bend over because Bell is going to reach out and touch you for everything possible.

Never will I deal with them again for anything. Worst customer servise ever plus all the telemarketing from them sucks. :angry:

My Koodoo phones work better, are far cheaper and no contracts.

Another person learning the hard way.

the only option aside from taking a huge hit is to have the phone and contract signed over to somebody else.... kind of like signing over a car lease to somebody else...

Perhaps my new employer will take it over.....

What? You don't like dealing with Bell India?

If I could I would never deal with them again. I tried getting out of a contract that I didn't even agree to. It was going to cost me more to get out of it than to keep it. I ended up keeping it then they tried to tell me I hadn't given them 30 days notice. I took one for the team but they lost a customer for life! Hope that was worth their $30.00.

Good luck, hope you find a way out that doesn't cost you too much.

Actually I got back at them in a way. I found out that you are allowed to have up to 6 receivers on your account at no extra charge so I rented some space from each of my kids and put a Bell receiver in each of their homes/my space. Kids love it, and I get to watch TV when ever I go and stay at my places up North.

We need a one finger smiley face icon on here just for Bell!

They also pulled that bull crap with me about the 30 days notice. Horrible company and service. It has taken me 2.5 years to get rid of their tight leash.....but it will be gone next month!!! Unfortunately there is no way out of the contract unless you buy it out!!

I went through this in the fall, moved to MB from ON and looked into things Bell doesn't have coverage here....

Called Bell and their suggestions were either paying 360 odd dollars or signing my contract over.

Was not happy and asked to speak to the superior, he said we would allow them to charge me a low low fee of 15/mo instead of the full fee.

Only way I got out of it was at the time I signed the contract there was a provision to allow lateral transfer between Bell and MTS with no charges. 3 Months prior to my request to terminate the contract they removed this clause.

I documented this...7 people later, and after some extremely pushy behaviour on my part...2hrs 15min later. I was out for $50 processing fee and had my longdistance charges while using my Bell phone in MB credited.

They upper level people have a great deal of authority to fix these issues. Lessons learned in dealing with Bell, explain your situation to each person you talk to (its recorded) document names, times and numbers of all the people you talk to.

"I don't find your resolution acceptable, please let me speak with your superior"

It worked for me....the extreme level of frustration of the call, and the restraint taken to calmly deal with absolute idiots was worth the $300 or more it saved.

Just call and raise hell with those asshats, tell em I sent you.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i had it out with them this spring over disconnecting my phone because of the high LD from pulaski to the sault. i attempted to explain that i was racking up those bills because i was expecting a baby, and the poorly paid high school dropout i was talking to gave me attitude and said there was nothing she could do. i did the same, and had the call escalated through the call centre until i spoke to a superior with the authority to over-ride the system. it was only after i attempted to unsubscribe from every service from call waiting to answering machine to texting to internet before they got scared enough to concede to my demands. good on ya ham.

Yeah man, good luck.

As with some other posters so far, I've found that you can't get out without paying your way or signing the contract over. I didn't sign up for a contract, but the person at the Bell World must have "hit the wrong key" when they processed my account. "We're sorry sir. You're on a contract and we can't do anything about that now. You should have paid closer attention to your receipt." But wait ... this was a Bell employee who screwed me. Doesn't that count for something? Nope - Bell Worlds are franchises, so employees there are not not actually employed by Bell, so to speak.

Took me three years to get rid of that phone because, dammit, I wasn't about to pay a disconnection fee and give them my money for nothing.

Worst customer service I've ever experienced and I'd gladly pay higher fees to any other company rather than deal with Bell again.

:angry:

My Koodoo phones work better, are far cheaper and no contracts.

Another person learning the hard way.

cheaper... yes. no contracts... yes.

koodoo working way better huh... you realize that koodoo uses bell's network right? kinda silly to say that koodoo on bell is somehow superior to bell on bell don't you think? sure phone models can make a difference, but not noticable to you or I.

I dumped Bell last January, best thing I ever did. I was on a 3 year contract paying $120/month for my blackberry unlimited plan (They don't offer that anymore and it was a complete scam). After the contract was up I switched to a family blackberry plan on Rogers for my wife and I and pay $80/month for the both of us with more options.

I'm now 100% with Rogers with every service from HD Cable, Internet, 2 Phone Lines (home business), 2 cellphones. I like getting 1 bill / month instead of 4 from different companies. Makes paying bills a lot easier for me.

Edited by Governator

I will be dumping Bell as soon as my wife's blackberry contract is expired. I have already dumped one cell phone. I will then switch to eastlink for all services. I guess my last visit to a bell customer service store in the the New Sudbury Shopping Mall was the straw that broke the camel's back. When I asked the middle aged blonde lady about cancelling the service because it was far too expensive, she blurted out in a very condescending tone that I had to give them a 30 day notice. Bell has since contacted me a number of times and have reduced my internet rate, added many more free minutes and increased my wife's blackberry download time 5 fold. But it's too little too late. Where were they the previous ten years? They again called me a couple days ago offering to reduce my internet charges again if I agreed to sign a contract for the new rate. I told them I no longer do contracts and to blow it out their asses because they will probably try and penalize me for breaking that contract as well. And they continue to call me. lol I have been on sympatico for over 10 years with very good service. The last two years however I have seen a lot of down time. They never admit that their servers are down and then rationalize that it's probably a problem with my computer.

they're a fine bunch to deal with .. that's for sure. My daughter who was about 15 or 16 at the time got sucked into one of their plans/contracts in exchange for a "free" phone. It really bothered me at the time ... that they could make some type of binding contract like that with a kid. Anyways a couple of years later she moved out west as part of her schooling and needed to cancel her contact with bell. that'll be $200 plus procesing charges etc etc - money she didn't have and as far as she was concerned she had nothing to loose. then the calls start coming from the collection agency. I took the time to negotiate on her behalf, and explained that all my service was with bell, (phone, internet, tv etc) ... but they didn't give a crap. I offered to pay them what I figured she owed them - forget about the fees, penalties etc. No go. So now they get nothing. And as soon as I get enough energy to unsubscribe all my service from bell and find another provider I'm gone too. 25 years with those clowns doesn't count for a damn thing. Some day my daughter may have a problem with her credit account, all because of a company that can't suck enough money out of every last client they deal with. She'll never be a bell client - that's for sure. And she'll have phones, tv's and internet her entire life... but they can't see that. Man I hate companies like that.

Edited by Rob V

Well, just remember, you were happy at the time of signing the contract.

You just probably hadn't considered all the down sides, prior to signing.

I know I'm different than most people, but I would not ever sign a 3 year contract to get a 'Free' phone. Nothing is ever 'Free'.

I buy my phones outright and have a monthly contract.

As far as Bell goes (that's who I'm with) my phone is usually the one everyone uses when away in the bush or out fishing, because it gets service.

I, at this point would not ever change, when I pick up my phone I want it to work.

I was talking to someone in Ottawa yesterday on my cellphone and he was using his (Rogers), his dropped the call twice. He commented on the "most reliable" thingy.