PB's and Multi Species Ice Fishing Report!

MCTFisher9120

I went out with my buddy Rick (Gone Fishin) for a day perch fishing. I was going for perch and he was fishing for pike. Fishing from 9:30am to 2pm I caught my first fish through the ice and a PB Perch along with Rick getting his PB Northern Pike! A great 20minute fight this beast put out!

Had a great day!

A surprise Pike, my first pike/fish through the ice!

ScreenHunter_04Jan161503.jpg

Now a 3lb Bowfin I caught up shallow while fishing for perch.

:D

ScreenHunter_05Jan161503.jpg

The best part is the Line snapped after this picture so I had to throw the camera and grab the fish quickly!

ScreenHunter_06Jan161503-1.jpg

So, pike, bowfin..time for a Crappie now lol

:o

ScreenHunter_07Jan161504-1.jpg

Then the perch started to bite for me. I caught a average sized perch after the pike in the morning then came 2 12" perch then a 13" perch while I was on the phone lol...Pictures do not do the perch justice but for only catching 4 perch they were huge. The 13"er was a PB of mine by far

Perch #2

ScreenHunter_09Jan161504-1.jpg

Perch #3

ScreenHunter_10Jan161505-1.jpg

Perch #4

ScreenHunter_11Jan161505-1.jpg

And the last photo of the day :D Best ice fishing trip of mine so far!

Thanks,

MTBF

ScreenHunter_01Jan161502-1.jpg

O and here is a picture of Ricks Pike! This pike have him a great 20min fight. Wow, what a catch man. Congrads again on the PB!

ScreenHunter_08Jan161504-1.jpg

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Reaching in and grabbing a bowfin? Dude, you are lucky to have fingers, lol...

Lol, if you recall my yearly reports from my grandmas lake I useually catch and land 2 of them a yeat minimum so I have handled them lot's before. Nothing to hard for me to do. Just got to grab them right then fix the handle on them.

Thanks guys for the reply's! Really appreciate the help I have got but now I need to go out and buy some hooks and weights :D

Ataboy Mike :thumbsup_anim:

Got to love getting into different species of fish on your first time out B)

Congrats on your first and PB :clapping:

Bowfin.... you seemed to be catching those all the time. Mind as well change your handle to Mike the Bowfin Fisher :lol:

Again great job and keep them reports coming!!!

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

bowfin!!!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

gj mikethebowfin master

Lol to yourself and leechman. I thought I might of had a walleye on or well something else. Wasn't sure but I got a good look at it when it came to the hole...then it went for a run again. A good 5-8minute fight it gave me. There fun to catch but after I caught that and before I caught it no Perch were under the ice where i was fishing. I went out to see my buddy catch his PB...Came back after 20minuted to check my rods and had a 12" perch on.

When they are around, nothing else is.