Dream Species for Once in your Life

Fishnwire

Goliath Grouper, Tarpon, Marlin or some Alaskan Steel!

Took the words outta my mouth ! haha except for the Alaskan Steel !

I would love to hook into a big Goliath !!!!!!! I have a trip booked next july for some west coast deep sea fishin... I think we will be targeting tuna mostly, but the odd Marlin does get caught I guess !

Edited by Lunker777

A dream trip for me would be to head up to Lake of the Woods with some of my best friends for a few days of hardcore Musky fishing. We would also pass the down time by fishing for shore lunch Walleye.

I've been up in Sioux Lookout, there were some pretty good Musky lakes up there, but there was limited fishing time while I was there.

Buddy... come back up to Sioux Lookout. I'll put you on some big Lac Seul muskies and walleye. :D

Tree River arctic char... Very easy choice..

(Stolen from Bunks thread)

Plummers17.jpg

Ya see... char were my dream for as long as fishing has been more than just a hobby. And yes... it's not just about the fish sometimes, but where you end up going to catch them. It was by weird circumstances that I actually ended up on the Tree River as it was an Ungava trip that fell through. And, having been there and caught those char... it's still mind-boggling to me how often I continue to dream and think about that paradise in the arctic, and its fish that are the greatest of their kind in the world and so unbelievably beautiful. It's funny how as I was just driving home from work in the blowing snow tonight, I was reliving Bren's and my boat ride out to the Arctic Ocean where we gazed at a sun that just wouldn't quite set... And yesterday, our copy of Arctic Lure from Plummer's came in the mail and I was thinking about the fishing there, and how Bren and I were really blessed to catch what we did. Man, it's totally perfect to have shared that trip with Bren as well... problem is, I mention fishing trip with her and back to Great Bear and the Tree is where she wants to go.

Over the years I've had some big hard-ons for purely amazing fish like sailfish, sturgeon, marlin and speckles, but none of these caught by me in any of those great experiences could ever surpass the char experience at the oasis in Coronation Gulf known as the Tree River. I don't have a "single" new fish to dream about since those two nights on the edge of the universe at Tree.

If you have a dream fish... and you haven't caught it... get busy making it happen. Cause experiences like that you can take to the grave and beyond.

I'm with Cliff on this one.

After seeing Snady and Adam's trip on the Fraser battling those enormous Sturgeon, that would be a trip of a lifetime to me!

Ron. I'm about 40 minutes from the Fraser right now. I'm out here on business, second time in the past three months. I will get back here and it is on my "to do" list.

I'd have to add Tarpon as a "wish list" as well.

Giant Halibut off the Queen Charlotte Islands BC. Just the thought of hooking something that is 200-400lbs and flat like a door gets me going. Interesting fish the way their eyes move as they grow. I have heard they have to shoot the big ones before thy can be boated. :o

I actually met someone years ago who went to the Queen Charlotte's on vacation and never went home. They called their adult children to sell their home, bought a place and have lived there ever since. That has to be special.

The scenery, ocean and giant fish.

Someday... :rolleyes:

Edited by Michael Brown

• 1 month later...
It's an option trust me, except the part about being the first person.

I have a couple lakes that fit the bill and as far as I know I'm the only one who's fished 'em in the last 30 odd years. :)

solo,

please take me. that's my dream too. a double digit brook trout! i won't tell anyone.