MUST HAVE's for your portable hut?

With Ginny's blessings I managed to scoop myself up a new toy for a good price... I know I'm going to hear "I told you so" from a few of you guys... :lol: My daughter asked me if we could set up our Clam 2000 in the living room and I didn't even hesitate!

DSCF2170.jpg

DSCF2171.jpg

So, being new to owning a hut of any kind. What do I need in order to have an easy going, and safe trip out with the kid?

Happy Holidays, and bring on the ICE!

Cheers,

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

I have the same hut. Your gonna love it!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: I take my son and his buddy and we fish comfortably in the hut. :stretcher: I have a Mr. Buddy heater (I keep on low for most of the time). I made one upgrade to my hut. Are you towing it out with a sled or ATV or walking out with it?

Tony

Loving having my small butane stove for fresh cups of coffee, continental breakfast and sausages for lunch/dinner and even the occasional fresh fish fry.

I concur. Nothing like a warm meal out on the ice.

This'll be my first year with a portable hut, so I've been wondering the same things.

I picked these up yesterday at BPS, Frabill shelter hooks. I figure anything I can get off the floor & out from under my feet is a good thing.

The funny thing about these is BPS only wants $4.99 CDN for a pair. Frabill's website wants $5.99 USD... :rolleyes:

file_1.jpg

With Ginny's blessings I managed to scoop myself up a new toy for a good price... I know I'm going to hear "I told you so" from a few of you guys... :lol: My daughter asked me if we could set up our Clam 2000 in the living room and I didn't even hesitate!

DSCF2170.jpg

DSCF2171.jpg

So, being new to owning a hut of any kind. What do I need in order to have an easy going, and safe trip out with the kid?

Happy Holidays, and bring on the ICE!

Cheers,

Ryan

I have the same hut,and a black cat heater,a peak1 back packing stove and lantern.And for the kids entertainment a fish finder and an aquaview.got to keep them occupied when fishing is slow.

Skates a puck and some sticks. My kids never really got the fishing bug...but when they where real young and the fish where not co-operating...lacing up the skates for a while was a real crowd pleaser. I also always bring a small shovel. It can be used for snowing in your hut really quickly. And when the kids are out it doubles as a zamboni to clear off a skating area as long as the snow isn't too deep. Or they can dig in a snow bank and play with it for awhile.

Dress em up warm and keep them busy.

Kids with rosy cheeks and sleeping on the way home means you had a good day.

Mr. Buddy style propane heater.

Have to agree with Ben, keeping them warm will keep them happy.

I use my mr. Buddy to cook hot dogs and heat stuff on all the time, just be a little creative and you can modify it to a stove/heater :)

I keep a cheap hand crank radio in my hut, comes in handy sometimes and no let down from dead batteries.

congrats on the new hut!