Get well Soon Chris (Spiel)

aplumma

Thanks everyone, truly appreciated.

It's been a long road to get to this point. I won't get into long boring details but this is the result of a workplace injury and for almost four years now I've been handicapped by neck/arm pain. It is also the reason you've seen no fishing posts by me as I've been for the most part unable to hold a fishing rod. The procedure I had was an Anterior Microforaminotomy (this involved some partial removal of the vertabrae at three levels with drill and chisel). The other option was a double fusion at C5-6 and C6-7. That may still be an option down the road if the afore mentioned procedure proves to be less than successful. Won't know till the healing is complete and the swelling goes away but I am currenlty experiencing a loss of feeling in my right hand.

Hopefully that is the result of the post surgery swelling and trauma.

Now I really should get back to bed rest. :) Drs. orders.

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes, words of encouragement and the numerous PM's.

It's been a week already and each day is a little better than the previous. I'm hoping that I might actually be able to get out and catch the end of the ice fishing season, hopefully. ;)

Thanks again everyone. Each day a little better than the previous.

I think it'll be the boredom that does me in though, not the pain. :D

Open invite to join me on the ice for some eyes, nice and shallow, easy fishing with one hand.

Phil

That sounds a like a good time Phil, we'll see how I'm doing late in the ice season.

That sounds a like a good time Phil, we'll see how I'm doing late in the ice season.

Just fire me a PM when you want to. Was talkin with crappieperchhunter too, we could all get out. And close to home.

Edited by Harrison