MY FIRST MUSKY!!!!

limeyangler

Hi All,

GOT MY FIRST MUSKY TODAY!!! :D:D:D

The weather here is nuts for this time of year, I was ice fishing in front of the house on the 22nd November last year....lol...not this year......here is a picture taken from the yard on 21st November last year........

musky1.jpg

And here's the scene as we set sail from my house this afternoon..........

musky2.jpg

Anyway.....i have a load of pics to update my Iceman Cometh thread to show the lack of progress we are making this year as far as ice goes...but back to my first musky.

We started trolling in front of the house and followed the shoreline round to the next bay over, we both knew that there is an extended rocky point that faces the main lake basin and thought we'd troll past it. We get just in front of where the point comes up and i think I’m snagged...for about 2 seconds...then the snag head shakes a couple of times ....and there she is...MY FIRST EVER MUSKY!!!!!!

We got her unhooked...took piccies , high fives all over the place and Lew suggests that since we have now drifted to back where we started while unhooking we try the same path again....who said lightning doesn't strike twice? No sooner than we hit the same spot Lew is into one too!!!....we've only been fishing for 15 minutes and we get 2 musky in the boat!

I'm very grateful to Lew...I’ve only been out 3 times and i've got my 1ST.....even better its right on my doorstep!!!! Better go and buy some musky tackle as i'm using Lew's......lol

MY FIRST MUSKY 42"....LEW GOT ONE TOO 35"

musky4.jpg

MORE INCHES FOR TEAM #3

musky6.jpg

LEW'S FISH

musky5.jpg

We trolled around for another half hour but decided to run further down the lake to see if we could find the old trail that goes from Lake Wabigoon into Mile lake. We had planned to do this earlier in the fall but never got round to it and thought our chance had passed some 2 weeks ago expecting the ice to be here, but since we had got 2 musky we thought we'd head over and see if we could find it . The reason we wanted to see if we could find it is because the 2 lakes are connected by a narrow twisting channel which is not safe for snowmobiles and planned to scoot across the trail instead in search of the crappie for ice fishing this year.....well we found it!......couple of trees down blocking the way...nothing that a chainsaw and 5 minutes won't cure.

OUR SEARCH FOR THE TRAIL WAS SUCCESSFUL TOO....ICEFISHING FOR CRAPPIE REPORT ON THE WAY SOON!

musky7.jpg

musky8.jpg

We were gonna try to get some walleye and crappie in mile lake by taking the boat through the channel, but although the channel was clear from where the trail came out the lake was all but completely skimmed over with ice so we decided to troll for musky again, we hit a couple of bays, trolled along an ice ledge and finally hit the earlier spot again, with no luck.

TROLLING ALONG THE ICE EDGE WAS COOL....REMINDED ME OF THIS SPRING TROLLING FOR BROOKIES WITH OFC MEMBER BRKYGTR

We didn't get any more bites , but it was a really pleasant evening and we headed back as the sun started to set, really nice to be getting out at the house...i could not help thinking what a lucky bugger I am to live on what is obviously a good musky fishery....lol....wonder if i can shore fish for them? To be continued.................lol.

REALLY PLEASANT EVENING.....EVEN BETTER BEING HOME WHEN YOU MOOR UP!

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

From where I'm sitting in downtown TO, you are living the dream...my dream anyway...enjoy!

Its my dream also.....and i work really hard everyday to make it my reality....lol....i didn't sell up in England and move on a whim...i moved here to fish!!!!! and dammit....thats what i'm gonna do!

Congratulations Simon, that's fantastic. Beautiful ski!!!!!!

Okay, looks like that yard is big enough for an OFC G2G and now we know there's musky there. Lets set a date :lol:

Joey

Thanks Joey, i think you mentioned a G2G up here before...and i think i said i was ready when you guys are....someone even suggested helping build me my dock while they were up here ;)

Giant man!

Congrads,

MTBF

Thanks Mike....i'm still buzzin' and grinnin'

Congratulations Simon!! She's a beauty too, nice and fat with great markings and a really clean fish. You said it best... 'screw walleye, lets go for muskie'... now you're addicted too. Welcome to the club.

So....i'm good to go now next year with you guys?....lol....just kiddin' Ben, but we never did end up gettin' out together this year, guess w'ell have to hatch a plan for next year inbetween the roar of augers!

That's fantastic, congratulations!

Enjoy the weather while you can bud.

Thanks Solo.....i think the tropical weather is done now, ice has started, and its minus temps during the day too from next week...i give it 2 weeks before my first icefishing report.

What a great 1st Simon !!!

..and what Joey said! lol

Dude...come on up, there's even a tree you could tie the plane to....lol

:worthy:

Thanks man, i think my guide for the day deserves a :worthy: too.

Nice one, WTG...

Thanks b2kptbo, i cant wait till next year now, gonna have to save some pennies for Musky gear.

The first is always special.. nice catch

Definitely a lifelong memory as you say Shore Lunch

nice fish!

Thanks Mbosh, it was a really healthy looking fish, nice and fat too.

Just beautiful, Simon! Congrats to you big time. I was on a world renowned muskie river yesterday from 9am till 5:30 pm and two pike was all we raised all day. Not a sniff, not a rip, NUFFIN! 'Twas a wonderful day however, the company was great and the weather was too good.

I was SURE I'd find a decent ski for the team but, it was not to be.

Thank you for posting/sharing your success with us all. It's also really nice to hear the excitement and enthusiasm in your voice. :thumbsup_anim:

WOOHOOO!!!! Very nicely done, man!!! Seriously, though....HOW long have you lived there? And they are hangin' out RIGHT IN FRONTA THE HOUSE?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The front yard muskie reports are definitely going to be worth watching...keep those waders handy ;)

Absolutely astonishing Simon :thumbsup_anim:

How come you talk funny all of a sudden :lol: J/K :lol:

I told you it was just a matter of time before you hook your first!!! Very nice chunky, healthy, clean looking ski :worthy::thumbsup_anim:B)

Congratulations on your first :clapping:

I'm sure this won't be the last.... it's just the beginning!!!

Thanks for taking the time to put this great report together and sharing it with us!!!

Again great job Simon :D

Jacques