Killer Trout Bait

Spiel

heh .. ever since the little ... shall we say ... incident ... with the salad .. my dewies arent welcome in the fridge any more :(

but ... I sneak them in from time to time ;)

I'm in the same boat...banned from using the fridge for worms, leeches and maggots (roe is still ok but pushing it).

My sister found the escaped worms (about 2 dozen super jumbos) in a bag of carrots...I tried to tell her that the carrots didn't come pre-washed from the grocery store but to no avail :(

I picked a bunch last week but we have been getting -5 to -7 C every night this past week. However, with the clouds and rain and the +9 C we will be getting in the next few days I'm sure that I will be able to pick more crawlers to put in the old fridge I have in the basement for stuff like worms, brews and softdrinks.

Now....I have to buy worm bedding and worm food. Any suggestions as to what is best.

heh .. ever since the little ... shall we say ... incident ... with the salad .. my dewies arent welcome in the fridge any more :(

but ... I sneak them in from time to time ;)

I'm in the same boat...banned from using the fridge for worms, leeches and maggots (roe is still ok but pushing it).

My sister found the escaped worms (about 2 dozen super jumbos) in a bag of carrots...I tried to tell her that the carrots didn't come pre-washed from the grocery store but to no avail :(

Well I've had worms escape and roe go bad, but be single and having two fridges means simply, who cares. :w00t:

Years ago I laid claim to the bottom right crisper. Since then it is referred to as "Dad's Crisper" It harbors my veggies seeds and all things fishing related. Worms, leeches, maggots & roe. No one opens that crisper except me, cause they all know there is nothing they want in there anyway ;)

This has worked well for years. But I'm sure if I ever get an "escapee". The committee will out vote me and things will change :(

I picked a bunch last week but we have been getting -5 to -7 C every night this past week. However, with the clouds and rain and the +9 C we will be getting in the next few days I'm sure that I will be able to pick more crawlers to put in the old fridge I have in the basement for stuff like worms, brews and softdrinks.

Now....I have to buy worm bedding and worm food. Any suggestions as to what is best.

We rip up newspapers into 2" squares and wet them down for bedding, for food, dead leaves. Gather yourself a good bag of brown leaves and feed them through the winter. They get fat on them. The newspaper is nice and clean when you need to dig them out. Also if you save the droppings its easy to collect. Best plant food you ever saw.

just threw out 20 doz worth of loose roe last night.my better half at one time decided to clean out the freezer,and moved things around.guess what,you got it bye bye roe,all freezer burnt.any one selling a bar fridge/freezer with an anti better half security system on it,Ill out bid the highest price.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny on the way home this morning I was looking for worms on the road. I say funny because on Dec 10 2007 I was standing on 4-5 inches of ice for my first perch trip of that hardwater season on Couch.

When I get off tomorrow morning I'll be open water fishing for perch.

I'm hurting for ice real bad right now :canadian: