Hats off to the Admin of this site

muskieb

If it hadn't been for the demise of the Simcoe board earlier this year I likely wouldn't have discovered how good this board has become. From what I remembered this was a board that was overrun by a bunch of pointless badgering, which is something I have not seen since my short return.

It appears that this is the busiest board out there now for Ontario fishermen, and yet from what I have seen it is also the cleanest board. A true testament to some solid management.

The members here make this a very interesting board as they are so open and willing to share information with anyone who asks. It is a great site, with tons of information, and tons of great people just looking to help eachother and maybe have a little fun in the meantime.

Great work!

Big Cliff you said it really well.

There was a post a couple weeks back where a member asked advice on quitting a job to persue a new career. The responses to that post were amazing, tons of advice to help him through his decision and to help others possibly in the same situation. That really showed the caliber of guys on here and their willingness to support others.

largemouth, I guess you just haven't been around here long enough. Our common bond is fishing but we are about so much more than just fishing. We've all seen what happens to the boards that are JUST ABOUT FISHING. I hope you'll hang around here long enough to become a contributing member of the family!

largemouth, I guess you just haven't been around here long enough. Our common bond is fishing but we are about so much more than just fishing. We've all seen what happens to the boards that are JUST ABOUT FISHING. I hope you'll hang around here long enough to become a contributing member of the family!

Big Cliff i have been around this site for years and i know the drill. I stopped posting my reports due to the constant smart coments from guys who don’t fish often but consider themselves experts because of their high post counts. :whistling: (Gerritts post is a classic example). OFC is a family and they discuss family matters (IE leaky basements, family deaths, arts and crafts etc.) I respect that :clapping: and I browse it from time to time and have learnt stuff from it, but my reports and fishing related topics are found on other sites that are dedicated to fishing. This is the BEST fishing site for non-fishing topics, take the compliment as it was meant. :wallbash:

I understand what largemouth is saying, and I dont think hes being vindictive about it.. there is alot of non-fishing posts here and thats ok.. thats why we changed the name to OFCcommunity....

In any event, we also have alot of better moderation features with this new software so we dont wind up with as many difficulties as the past.. I hope that largemouth would give us another chance and help us with more fishing reports to help with that!

In the late spring/ summer when all fish have an open season the fishing reports/ topics verge on overkill.

But thats a good thing. This year the ice season was about a month behind leaving not much reports.

Usually when people leave or stop posting they have personal non-fishing issues.

Personally i miss the badgering and bickering of the first board when deleting posts was more difficult.

From what I remembered this was a board that was overrun by a bunch of pointless badgering, which is something I have not seen since my short return.

It appears that this is the busiest board out there now for Ontario fishermen, and yet from what I have seen it is also the cleanest board. A true testament to some solid management.

Great work!

cheers,

ehg

Largemouth, don't give up on the family just because we hit a little bump in the road from time to time. I too have modified my posting from time to time because of trends but I stand ready to help anyone anytime even if it means I have to PM them so as not to broadcast information that may affect someone elses fishing.

If you have chosen to return under a different name for whatever reason then welcome back and I do hope you will contribute with fishing related posts or in whatever manner you choose.

Well we'd like to take credit but we can't really. There are two forces that make the site what it is. The membership is, of course, the driving force. Collectively we have set the culture and tone of the site and have created the community aspect. The software allows us to do things no other fishing board can. It just makes life much easier for us.

While, I think I was justified in my post, if it was taking in an ill manner, please forgive me... perhaps LargeMouth will start posting some fishing reports for us to see?... and remember we love pictures!

Gerritt.

I agree with largemouth in a sense too. ...and remember we love pictures! That's all most guys on this site are looking for. It sorta ticks me off when I post a report and about 5 guys say where's the pictures? where's the pictures? Anyways that's all I have to say on that subject. This is definately a good site to get some fishing info though. I've got lots of tips from the lads and ladies on here. Keep up the good work everyone.

ATF

Yep good peoples here. Now if we could just get Gerritt some perks :jerry::jerry: LOL

I say things, as I see it at the time.... sometimes people see it as positive... sometimes not.... I have come to learn I cannot please everyone 100% of the time, regardless of what I post... those who cant deal with it, they gripe because I am to the point and dont hold back any punches... those that do agree send me PM's.... it is weird....LOL... but yes... if you are willing be become part of a "Family" this is the place for you... if you are looking just for fishing info and dont wish to contibute in any positive manner .... well perhaps .........

:D

I'll leave that answer for another time.

Gerritt.