At 35 still getting.... (NF)

fishergirl72

Well I thought my days of getting carded for proof of age was over a long time ago but what happend today showed me I was wrong! LOL :blink: Fishindevil and I went and stopped at a local store today and he told me to get 2 packs of smokes and something was telling me to take my purse inside with me, but I just placed it on my seat and went ahead on in. Well when I told the male clerk what I wanted he asked to see some ID! I asked him to repeat himself and when he told me the second time, I asked "are you kidding me"? and he said no.LOL So I left the store and headed to the car to retrieve my purse and Fishindevil asked what was going on and I told him that I was being carded. Well he laughed and said that was a good thing. I went back inside and showed him ID. After I paid for them, I told him that I am going to be 35 next month, and he said that I looked younger then 25 and that is why he carded me. Well I said thanks and I will take that as a compliment :w00t: and left. I mean I knew and was told that I looked younger than my age but 10 or more years younger? Well needless to say that made my day maybe even my week. :clapping: At least I know now that my days of be carded are not over just yet! :thumbsup_anim:

The 'male' clerk prolly hadn't noticed that your honey was in the car and was just trying to make you feel good. I can still get on the bus at half price.

LOL, but dang making me walked back to the car in that cold just to make me get my ID, he could have said don't worry about it and just let me buy them anyways.LOL

Weird..I got carded today too. I looked at her and said I was 42. She still wanted ID. It was in the car...I was really dumbfounded. I got her to ask a 20 yr old young lady working in the store (the cashier serving me was mid 50's) how old she thought I was.

The 20 yr olds never mistake me for under 25.

Weird..I got carded today too. I looked at her and said I was 42. She still wanted ID. It was in the car...I was really dumbfounded. I got her to ask a 20 yr old young lady working in the store (the cashier serving me was mid 50's) how old she thought I was.

The 20 yr olds never mistake me for under 25.

Wow Rick that is werid! I guess we should both learn from this and bring our ID in with us. :thumbsup_anim:

Guest skeeter99

I got the same problem with my wife

9 times out of 10 she will be carded at lcbo or beer store and bars, hell she has even been carded at east side marios I could not believe it and she is 33 years old

Down in Myrtle Beach, four of us, all 60+ at TGIF's and the waitress carded us. (and she actually checked for the birthdate on my license). I thought it was some kind of a joke or promotion or they had a seniors discount or something but no. She said she carded everyone regardless of how old they looked :huh:

It was good for a laugh!

Just wait, when your over 60 you'll start telling people that your younger, in fact once over 40 guys start telling women that their in their late 20's or early 30's !

Edited by Garyv