R.I.P. my Dear Sister

irishfield

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

Long day.. 2 hours of fighting to get into her apartment and 11 hours searching thru boxes/drawers/bags of paperwork. Unfortunately just like me she has every piece of paper, bank statement etc right back to the days we went to University together in Toronto thru '78-81. And I mean every friggin piece of paper and no filing system what so ever. :wallbash:

Gave up waiting on the Coroner to call... 2 1/2 days of calling the Durham Police with them "promising the Coroner will call.. nothing we can do". At 4 Pm today Leah grabbed the yellow pages and started calling Hospitals. When she finally found Wendy they were piss ed off that nobody had claimed the body yet. My Mother is beside herself... and I'm damn sure I have an ulcer.

Found a will... main good part of the day.

Bad part... best I can figure from hacking into her hotmail account is her emails are all read on the 23rd of June... not on the 25th. 25th of June Newspaper in her apartment. Dead on the floor for 2 weeks goddamit !

Smile of the day, after 11 hours of searching and loading. Go get her truck in the parking lot.. open the back window to put a few boxes in and moved some coats... looks like she was afraid the liquor store was going on strike at midnight on the 23rd..... a good collection of Rye in the back! Guess she's covered the memorial toast for all of us ! :thumbsup_anim:

Wayne

Edited by irishfield

Sorry to hear all the troubles you've been having getting this sorted out Wayne. Glad you can find some kind of chuckle out of the whole affair at this point. I'm sure your sister is looking down at you chuckling herself and hoping you have a drink on her tonight. Laughter keeps us all going.

I remember as my Grandmother, mother, aunt, sister and I were viewing my grandfather in is coffin all teary eyed, a grasshopper jumped off the floral arrangement onto his face. It was not expected and we all burst into laughter, and at that point with all our emotions, got hysterical and could not stop laughing. I'm sure everyone thought we were nuts, but it got us through and we hugged and laughed and cried together.

Be strong!!

Joey

I am so very sorry for your loss, 49 is just way too young!

From the pictures she looks like quite a gal, I would imagine she would want you to celibrate her life and not mourn her passing!

Our deepest condolences to you and your family Wayne.

Thanks again everyone !!

I've printed this out... all 50 pages of paper... to give my Mother, to show that there really are some good people left in this world !

...of course edited to remove the booze ! lol We are still just little kids in her eyes....

Wayne

Edited by irishfield

Thanks again everyone !!

I've printed this out... all 50 pages of paper... to give my Mother, to show that there really are some good people left in this world !

...of course edited to remove the booze ! lol We are still just little kids in her eyes....

Wayne

Wayne,remember when I did that for my aunt K when she was going through her trouble times..

You are so right.