A numbered answer

Twocoda

I have about 15 and counting

I always get the 3rd degree when discussing this with the wife she always asks why and my answer is always different fish different rods well why do you have 4 for the same kind of fishing (6.5 -7 foot for bass, pike,walleye ect) this was answered last year when I broke a rod in a derby and the spare was right beside me.

you have a special room don't you

I have a special room too, but I don't necessarily get to keep my gear there.

The quick answer is waaay too many. I probably use 4 maybe 5 regularly throughout the season. Another 15 or so that

get inspected with excitement when the grass turns green and then forgotten about as the season(s) progresses.

Doesn't include specialty rods.....downrigger, surfcaster, ice rods, float rods, fly rods....damn, I see some activity on the

classifieds coming up.. :w00t: Watch that space!

My old glass rod

2 ultralites (one for floating, one for drifting)

1 baitcaster (one in reserve)

3 6'6" spinning rods of differing weight

1 heavy rod

The ladies of the household have 4

the son has 10 St Croixs

We have 8 ice rods

Lots of rods, but they all get used now and then. That's the joy in fishing for anything that bites.

Probably 10 to 12 steelhead rods, in lengths from 9 to 15 feet to cover little creeks to giant rivers.

About a dozen spinning rods, in various actions from 5 to about 8.5 feet.

About a dozen baitcasting rods and flipping sticks, again in various actions from 6 to 8 feet.

Maybe 8 or 9 muskie - pike rods, for everything from light bucktails to monster trolling plugs.

Couple of downrigger trolling outfits for salmon and greasers.

Five fly rods, ranging from a 6-foot 3 weight for creek brookies to a 10 foot 9-weight I sometimes use for pike.

Couple of heavier spinning and levelwind outfits for my occasional saltwater trips.

Half-dozen really dusty ice fishing rods - they never see the light of day, as I find ice fishing about as appealing as a root canal or a clogged toilet.

Ive got around 16 i think, not including ice rods, i have had a bad year and half though breaking 5 or 6...been rough...just means that i get to replace them....right

well over 250...

but, I have a well stocked rod building shop with 27 years of "stock'' & tool / gadgets accumulation.

(( side note..I had 3/4 of this stuff BEFORE I had a wife ( 1995)))

so, guys, tell yor wives " things could be worse..look at this guy!"

Maybe She'll see things in a new perspective :)

Harv

my rods are scattered over ontario so that nobody may know the true nature of this obsession (even me)

i think i'm in the 20-25 range 8 or 9 of which are muskie sized.

Edited by Raf

well over 250...

but, I have a well stocked rod building shop with 27 years of "stock'' & tool / gadgets accumulation.

(( side note..I had 3/4 of this stuff BEFORE I had a wife ( 1995)))

so, guys, tell yor wives " things could be worse..look at this guy!"

Maybe She'll see things in a new perspective :)

Harv

You are absolutely right!

We were at a friends house and happened to see inside their front hall closet. Well, when she saw his 50-60 ball caps, she said she would never bug me again about how many I have, which has only been 5!

So, I look forward to applying the same logic to fishing! :thumbsup_anim:

I have only 5 rods so far...been fishing for only 8 months (with 3 of those months on the hard water).

Now does it matter that 3 of the rods I haven't even used yet?

Is there some rule that says I can't get another rod before I've even tried the ones I already have? I think NOT! ;)

Medium-Light 1 piece Spinning for jigging and light trolling walleyes and such.

Medium Spinning 2 piece for my go-to "there is no room for a rod case on this trip" combo

Medium Heavy 2 piece (seldom gets used)

8'6" Float Rod

2 Downrigger rods

Misc. Ice rods floating around...

Needs-

More downrigger rods.

Baitcast rigs

Some nicer Ice rods

Ultralite of some sort.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 - but some have been retired. The old days of 6 footers for larger game have been retired for 7 footers. Different rods set up for different species. Grab and go.

Edited by Rich Clemens