Angler16

Just wanted to share what happend today. I am 14 years old i live in Brampton. I am in grade nine a attend a local high school. Today we went into a lock down. We were left in the school till 5:30!

Heres what happend:

Around 2pm two gun shots were heard right by the community centre 2 minutes away from my school.Later the wounded man was found behind the rec. The police and swat team put our school into lock down. After being in lock down for an hour a two police officers and swat member with a AK47 (i think) unlocked our door. Asked us if we were ok and then said they would come back and it would bea short while.

so almost two hours later i am let out. I find out that someone was shot in the FOOT. The police were looking for atleast two suspects. We had 3 swat guys outside armed and 7 inside in the hall ways. There wre rumours one of the men involved ran into our school to hide.A sunny brooke chopper landed in the middle of our soccer feild and took off. No further word yet. But honestly this is getting rediculus! I do not feel safe anymore. I cannot walk down the street with an ipod and a phone and not have to wrry about getting jumped for it.

Little Angler

Sorry you had that experience and feel even worse that you don't feel safe in your own school/community. I'm afraid we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg as far as the shootings and crime go and that it is going to get much much worse before it gets better.

It takes governments and courts a long time to inact change. The Charter of Rights and Freedoms is a wonderful thing. Its just too bad it is not being interpreted and used in the spirit in which it was drafted.

Off my soap box

Cheers

Craig

this is what we get for living in a country that has more sympathy for crooks than the victims. if we were allowed to carry there would be less crap like this happening because the crooks would actually have to think twice about jumping someone who may have a big desert eagle in their holster. but instead the criminals know that 99% of the public do not carry any form of defense so it makes it very easy for them...

the best thing you can do is get an ASP baton for "dog defense" and swing for the fences when someone tries something ;)

brantford now has its share of gangster wannabees and i cant wait to move out in the sticks...

Agree with Dan, at least they were quick to protect the school.

Your tale is a sad comment on the state of our society. Not much you can do to change things beyond move to a safer locale.

Like I did!!!!!!

I didn't feel like I was in danger, I just got tired of the increasing number of :asshat: in Southern Ontario.

Talk to your folks and let them know how you feel.

I left downtown Toronto (Broadview/Gerrard) 37 years ago, and I'm not sorry for it.

Took a walk along the boardwalk tonight with the wife watching the guys catching Salmon from shore.

PS, If they actually locked people up for gun crimes, there would be a lot less of it.

The cops caught a drug dealer here with a handgun and he got a $400.00 fine. Whats the point

Edited by Dara

this is what we get for living in a country that has more sympathy for crooks than the victims. if we were allowed to carry there would be less crap like this happening because the crooks would actually have to think twice about jumping someone who may have a big desert eagle in their holster. but instead the criminals know that 99% of the public do not carry any form of defense so it makes it very easy for them...

Yeah, exactly what we need, people running around with concealed weapons licenses... No thanks..

If you want to carry, move to the US. Although, looking at the amount of crime in the states that allow you to carry, it doesn't seem like more guns = more safety.

Like I did!!!!!!

I didn't feel like I was in danger, I just got tired of the increasing number of :asshat: in Southern Ontario.

Talk to your folks and let them know how you feel.

Yep you're super safe up there in the great white north......but you're going bush crazy man!!!

You're either going to:

A.Wind up in a clock tower with a high powered weapon.

OR

B.Start clipping your hedges into strange animal shaped topiaries and toting an axe like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

I vote for B. :lol::lol:

Edited by solopaddler

the best thing you can do is get an ASP baton for "dog defense" and swing for the fences when someone tries something ;)

brantford now has its share of gangster wannabees and i cant wait to move out in the sticks...

Ill take this a step further. I'm going to also blame Immigration ( Bringing in their Bad Habits as well as good) on this too. Lets face it, Canada has changed a lot since our population has nearly doubled since I went to school. You were a big shot then if you could hold your own in a fight with your fists or the odd boot. Not like now where you have your so called big shots hiding a Piece or Blade. They can hardly lift them let alone stand up to another man with only their fists. Most of us played sports growing up and we loved our Hockey fights. These loser freaks now couldn't endure a 10 second hockey fight. Problem is Canadian Society is getting weaker with every migration coming over. We had learned to stand up for our selves. We were taught by our Fathers and Grandfathers that had to endure two Wars and a Depression. Now we are lead by leaders that want us to cry to the Teacher, Mommy or a Lawyer for Sympathy instead of standing up for ones self. Yup the less dignified will prey on the weak. We have Laughable Laws, Laughable Immigration, Men that hide behind women's skirts, and criminals that have more rights than victims. Human rights where the victim pays but the Complaintant gets a free pass thanks to the Tax Payer. I find Canada is getting weaker by the day.

I got one thing to say little fella, Suck it up. Those Swat guys probably had better things to do. At least they kept you safe.

Edited by holdfast

I'm starting to think more of this idea

"Lockdown" is a term previously applied only within jails, prisons and other correctional facilities during riots or other serious security situations.

Now we have school "lockdowns" that the media makes a point of sensationalizing each and every time one occurs, for whatever reason.

I personally believe that this trend of lockdowns, "zero tolerance" policies, police and security guards in schools, etc. is conditioning to breed a culture of fear and obedience/soften the next generation up for further oppression.

After all, we've just about banned guns in this country and the crime rate keeps going up, so I guess the next step for the geniuses running the show is to make everyday life more like prison in a misguided attempt make us "feel safe." :angry:

Yeah, exactly what we need, people running around with concealed weapons licenses... No thanks..

If you want to carry, move to the US. Although, looking at the amount of crime in the states that allow you to carry, it doesn't seem like more guns = more safety.

What do you think a person carrying is just gonna strut down the street shooting anything in sight?

Hey L.A.

Don't get down because of one incident! I grew up at Bathurst and Queen back in the day when drugs, crime, and a lot of violence wasn't reported on the news. It's up to young men like you to change your peers' way of thinking. I don't mean to fart rainbows, but it's cool that you're upset by this. Get involved with your local cops. They're the good guys. Believe me. I know!!!! I could very well have been in that idiot's shoes had it not been for a couple of guys from 14 Division when I was your age. I'm 50 now and lucky( and thankful to be alive).

It's up to you!!!

Actually in the US we are still restricted in many areas and in many ways to carry a concealed weapon. I had my gun permit (for hunting and target shooting only) for over 25 years when I reapplied for a concealed carry permit and was turned down. The judge (in a letter sent to me) said I needed to have my permit longer before applying for a concealed carry permit. :rolleyes:

Now that was here in NYS but in areas of the country that do not have those harsh restrictions and the US Constitution is NOT played around with, citizens are allowed to have a concealed carry permit and in FACT are the MUCH more safer areas of the country. Huh, who would of thought of that ! ! !

Those are the FACTS the LIBERALS do NOT want to talk about.............

Remember, guns don't kill. PEOPLE kill and most times it's the undesirable people that are doing all the killing....

After reading your post I can see you could use the extra time in school, especially in English composition so it might have been time well spent.

After seeing where you're from....that explains the ignorance.

Give the kid a break.

When the wife was pregnant, the first time around, we had decided then that we were not raising our kids in the festering sewer known as Toronto.

I moved to Toronto as a kid and watched as the welfare hell known as the Jane Finch corridor developed (Moved out of that area just in time too). Working as a tunnel rat with the TTC for a few years was a real eye opener. Working in a major hospital, watched all the knifing and beating victims, the OD's, the pregnant teens, brought in on the weekends from Regents Park and Parkdale was all I needed to know that no major city is a good environment for raising a family.

Gun laws, or lack therof, will not stop gun violence. The people shooting at each other don't care about the laws. The come from nations where laws are one sided and police are the local dictator's goon squad. So they have no respect for laws, More so if they get in their way.

After seeing where you're from....that explains the ignorance.

Which part of his location makes him ignorant.? The town of Lancaster?........The state of New York?.......or is it the Entire U.S. and A ? :rolleyes:

Edited by Blaque