FINALLY....

Stoty

Since the weather was decent this past weekend, I decided to FINALLY get my new Ranger out for my first spin!

Needless to say.....I'm in love!!!

Here are some snapshots!

Ranger12.jpg

Ranger01.jpg

Ranger10.jpg

Ranger09.jpg

Ranger06.jpg

Ranger05.jpg

Ranger08.jpg

Can't wait to be able to fish out of it the next two weekends!!

She rides pretty good!!

Lake O, was pretty rough, caught some air, but she took it all in stride!

I opened it up about 80% inside the harbour though...got to about 42 mph.

Top end will be around 50 mph ish.

Xtreme tows it no problem, lots of power.

I'm looking to unload it, and get something 4x4 though, in case of bad ramps.

Anyone interested in the truck?! lol

Stoty,

Before you spend the money on 4x4 consider if you really need to do it. It may sound hypocritical coming from someone who has owned 4 trucks - all with 4x4, but the 4x4 saved my butt maybe like once or twice in 13 years of trailering. It's nice when the algae gets up on the ramp where the rear wheels are and on the rare occasion where you do some extreme launching, but with a bass boat, you're not likely to be going off-road and trailering in places that are not intended for launching a boat. I can't remember a single instance last year where I "needed" 4x4 to get up the ramp. Most times the truck stays in 2WD anyways.

If you can afford a new truck or want to match the truck colour to the boat, that's cool, but I'd recommend using the existing truck for a season and see how many times you feel it was even questionable as to whether you need 4x4 or not.

You can buy a lot of gas and baits for the cost of 4x4.

Great looking ride and enjoy the season. There's nothing like that first legal bass in your very own rig.

Peace,

Charles

Well I hate to tellyou this but I think I can hook you up with a better deal.

I got a 1975 starcraft bowrider with a 1985 100 hp merc on it and it ridesl like a dream, once you put in the one missing rivet and clean the pine needles out of the carpet.

I'll trade you even if you can deliver that lemon of yours to Red Lake, Heck I'll even give you a cruise a day tank of gas for your trouble, I don't think you would be upset with the deal since by the time you get the starcraft back down south you won't even notice the dents in the sideof it from the pounding against the dock.

Does this sound like I'm jealous, You're right!! great boat, you'll never get tired of driving it.

95 percent of the time I use 2wd to pull the boat out, there are a few ramps that require 4wd such as the ones around Waubaushene or if you try and launch off the beach in Frenchmans Bay. I've seen people get stuck there with 2wd minivans. good luck with the new boat.

It's not just the 4x4 that I'm thinking about....look how LOW my truck is as well.....

I needed a tractor to pull my truck out last summer with a 16ft aluminum on the back.......might be a little embarassing to have a Ranger on the back this year.....:lol:

I needed a tractor to pull my truck out last summer with a 16ft aluminum on the back.......might be a little embarassing to have a Ranger on the back this year.....:lol:

naw its a ranger guys will understand :D glad to see it all worked out for you

Here's your answer to your towing needs. This baby pulls my boat up, down and all around with out even knowing it's back there. Also GREAT for deer hunting......

Truck.jpg

I have one a them, and what you have behind it is exactly what I have to pull this weekend.

I got a deer with my Ford, nuthin with the Toyota yet

Edited by Dara