Walleye Fishing Sunday Feb. 15th

tjsa

Finally got out fishing after no fishing for 6 months. It was an easy trip, drove out on the ice road and just pulled over near a bunch of huts.

001.jpg

002.jpg

All lines in by 9:20 and called it a day at 3:30

Set lines with 6 inch sucker minnow did all the work today. I had one hit a jig. Tried lots of different ones, got the hit on a Chubby Darter but no hookup.

My bud landed 2 pike jigging, that was it. He had lots of fish come up off bottom and look at his offerings, then drop away(other than the 2 pike).

We each landed 4 walleye. I got one 15", two 17", and my one over 18.1:(46 cm) to complete my limit. My bud could only keep 2, one 15", one 20", and landed 2 others over the 46 cm mark, but they had to go back since he already had his one over. We also landed 3 pike, one by me, 2 for my bud, and he also had a bite off(probably a pike).

My 24" fish, camera was accidentally on the wrong setting, but I didn't know that until I tried to take a closeup pick for the tourney.

007.jpg

After setting my camera to the proper setting, my team 3 entry.

019.jpg

My limit for the day.

021.jpg

We were surprised the set lines outdid the jigs today, its usually the other way around.

good report

when you get out, you do the job right

Pure luck Terry, the pike came out of that one hole(my first fish of the day) and I thought about moving it 20 min. later, but I was jigging in the other 12 holes I drilled and didn't get around to it. Then got my first walleye out of it, so left that line set. Glad I did, as all my fish came out of that one hole. Sometimes it pays to move, sometimes it works out if you don't.