JUMBO

glen

I went out on simcoe on saturday fishing for whitefish. There was three of us fishing and we all got one whitefish each so it was a good day. But this story is about a different fish that came into the hole.

A little while after i landed my whitefish i saw a big mark on my fishfinder. I looked over at my extra rod and it was bent right down to the hole. I run over and set the hook on what i think is a nice whitefish. It is fighting odd but i still think it is a whitefish. The gaff is ready as the fish nears the hole. I look down and wow its a peacock bass. I put the gaff away because i am not sure if they are in season. Then i get the fish out of the hole and this is what i see.DSCF1151resize.JPG

I didnt "round up". The fish was 15". I know in the pic it may look like it is not when going by my tape. I cant explain why. Maybe i didn't even catch a fish. Come to think of it i am not in the picture so it must not be mine. I aint even sure i went fishing now. Hold on a minute while i get a lawyer.