JUMBO

glen

come on people its just a fish theres nothing wrong with a little razzing some times, 14" 15" when they're that big what difference does one inch make. To make a mense i would like to share the rig thats been hammering them for me this year.

Perch drop shot:

tie a loong shank hook 12" above where you would normally tie on the sinker, but instead of tieing a sinker i tie on a bucktail jig tiped with a peice of miinow or whole minnow.

as a result you end up with a lure on bottom and a long shank hook with a minnow just off bottom...

there you go, we cool now???

Great looking perch and very tasty. I kept a few pigs like that last year in early spring and found them full of eggs too and the fillets you get out of them end up being disappointing for the size of the fish.

Anyway you look at it thats a great perch, congrats.

Great looking perch and very tasty. I kept a few pigs like that last year in early spring and found them full of eggs too and the fillets you get out of them end up being disappointing for the size of the fish.

Anyway you look at it thats a great perch, congrats.

That's just the way it goes. Every keeper size perch I've ever cleaned was stuffed full of eggs.