work jobs work jobs

walleyemaster

Spiel, that's awesome man!!!! My oldman used to do the exact same thing at the GM Foundry in St.Catharines before it closed. Brought the scrap metal into the cupalo's... He loved that job.. All by himself, no one to bug him!! I forget what tonnage the one he used was, but it was a biggie.

I love it too, but it's taken it's toll on my health. I've been on the little guys all the way up to 500 tonners and got to admit the little guys are more challenging due to the fact that they are fast!

Yup, you're your own boss up there. :)

Over 33 years of selling real estate. These days I'm busy starting up a real estate business for my son and teaching folks who are working on getting their real estate licenses. It's the teaching part that takes me to Orillia for two weeks in March. I'll be spending a lot of weeks in Hamilton doing the same thing over the next six months so if any of you are aspiring to a career in real estate sales we may well meet up one of these days.

JF

Well, some of you may not know what a Headhunter is, so here it is... I manage an employment agency that specializes in the I.T. verticle.

We place contract and full time positions, main the in the GTA.

The "street" name for people like me is "headhunter".

HH

Former Truck driver, retired & disabled, now working on driving my wife nuts!.

Worked as a chef but now disabled by same thing as OhioFisherman.

Luckily i still can get out fishing now and then. Life is still good!

Cook, dishwasher, laundress, nurse, taxi driver, therapist, plumber, mechanic, toy repair, social coordinator, snow removal, lawn care, cleaning professional, dog trainer, IT, assistant ice rink builder, oh wait....you mean what do I get PAID for ....

Worked a variety of jobs over the years......Nursing Home, Construction, Insurance brokerage (assistant to the boss), leasing agent, book keeper/payroll, some IT work, owned a cleaning company, Document retrieval and shipping , etc... currently I am a full time wife & mom, and provide childcare. Tough jobs, the pay isn't great and there are many compromises made but the time I have with my family is priceless......just hope they feel the same way about time with me :lol:

I am sure they do Bly.....I was bringing up four children as well as running my own business while they were all growing up.

Full time mom is alot of hard work 24/7

Enjoy it i sometimes wish i had been home more when they were smaller. Now they are all grown. :( & flown the nest!

Civil engineer , working on storm water managament for a large munincipilty, charter boat operator and bass guide in the summer , ice hut rentals in the winter , soon to give up real job (after 35 years )and move my charter business to brockville specializing in muskies

Edited by capt bruce

wow pretty diverse group here :thumbsup_anim:

self employed for just over 10 years....small company JL Cabling

network communications cabling, most of what I have done over the last 10 years is travel all over Ontario setting up debit/credit card terminal networks for Scotia Bank(now ChasePaymentech), I run the neccessary LAN cabling, set up the debit/credit card terminal devices and do any neccessary basic system function programming. All so various merchants can take your money at the swipe of a card :lol:

Edited by jwl

Unemployed.

But for a reason, Full time student at University of Guelph in Management Economics and Industry Finance

I got myself a co op position so its very competitive as there is 500 kids waiting to take my spot if I slip up.

Really happy with the program, I love it and I think it should work out quite nicely for me in the future

Self employed or I wouldn't be on here at 2 in the afternoon....

My serious job is operating a project management service company for marine, petrochemical and power generation industries.

My fun job is running a seasonal eco-adventure guiding and rental business.

ever see those guys working on the side of high rise buildings on swing stages? good chance it might have been me as we work everywhere from sarnia to toronto. ;)

i love the views we get to see and not having anyone bugging us when we are up 25 stories.

i dont really like working so im currently planning to purchase rental properties so i can retire when i am 40. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by ch312

Millwright/Gasfitter presently working doing mechanical rooms for a large high school in Oshawa.

Spiel, I used to run the overhead at Pitt Steel in Markham when I was about 20 and that sucker had

two 30 ton magnets mounted for lifting sheets of steel 15' x 30' by 6" thick for the flame cutters, really enjoyed

doing it as you do.