pups?

Angler16

Hey all,

My dad,mom sister and i want to get another dog, our last one passed away about 2 years ago, we need a small small dog no bigger than 13 inches tall (to shoulders) and we do not want a lot of shedding any help appreciated!

Thanks.

L.A

open google and type the following "small dogs that do not shed" and the 1st site gives you some decent info.

I have a dog that shed's a lot but I love her and wouldn't change a thing about her. She's a Labrador Retriever Cross / Mutt...

You may want to have a look at a pooch similar to my little buddy, Ole Marv

Marvin's a 12 year old Yorkshire Terrier/ poodle mix (yorkypoo) who sounds like exactly what your looking for. He's about 12" high at the shoulder and doesn't shed any hair at all, but the trade-off is we have to get him clipped every few months.

He's unbelievably loyal, loving, and just plain fun to have around, and we go for at least 2 long walks in the woods every day of the year no matter how cold or hot it is.........his choice, not mine :lol: He'll swim all day if I let him and he loves riding in the truck or the boat.

I can honestly say he's never been nasty towards anyone or anything and his whole mission in life is to be everybodies friend.

Yorkypoo's are a very popular dog for a reason ;)

Cnv1508.jpg

I have 2 different Jack Russell crosses. Lucky is a Jack x Pappillon I found at the shelter. An abused and emaciated little dog, she saw and chose me. She sheds very little.

Peanut is a Jackapoo. Another low shedding mix. She is the fish thief. Both have the most amazing personalities

DSCN1722.jpg

Don't discount the dogs at the shelters. Most are there for all the wrong reasons. They just need to be loved.

Edited by bigugli

If you're looking for a purebred, I would highly suggest a bichon frise or a mix with a bichon. I had one growing up and she was a great dog, they don't shed (I'm highly allergic) and make great pets.

My wife and I now have a Bichon/Maltese/Poodle - We know its part bichon, not 100% sure the other. They claimed Poodle but we think Maltese. - 4 years old:

nola1wy9.jpg

Edited by Governator

Quick note: Most small dogs have a tooooon of energy (esp bichons). They can be difficult to keep calm and are usually the yappiest things. So it's important you do obedience training and don't let the dog become the boss from the get go. The good thing is that they don't require a lot of space to stay active. A small backyard can keep them running for hours.

A little bigger than you're looking for, but once you've had a Border Collie, you'll never own anything but. You don't have to teach them anything. They understand English. Seriously.

mm3-1.jpg

You've got that right Dan!!!

Missey has mastered English, and I'm teaching her Spanish now!!!

Very loyal and very protective!

Little Angler,

Cockapoo is what we ended up with, the wife and kids wanted a small dog I wanted a big dog he is a happy medium. He is the best and he is also extremly smart, that comes from the poodle side he loves everybody and he is also right in your size range - Cockapoo 10 to 15 inches 12 to 20 pounds.

They are non alergic and such good dogs that when we got ours my brother in law fell in love with him and a week later we went and got his brother so we have both dogs in the family and the boys visit each other regulary and it is great when some body wants to go on holidays.

As a long time dog lover and owner, the second choice .... distant would be a Schnazure good dogs smart hard headed hey it is a terrier.

I would stay away from the Jack Russels as they require too much attention and the only way that i know how to keep a Jack happy is by adding a second one, it is not non alergic and they shed.

Good luck,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockapoo

FLEX - John