My Tackle Box Equipment

rbaquial

Hey OFC'ers,

So, I went through my tackle today; Man do I ever have so many lures! I'm starting to think this is an addiction of a NEW KIND! :D:thumbsup_anim: I'm wondering if I'm missing any kinda lures? I used to fish primarily for BASS; But I've recently added MUSKY and PIKE to that list. I hope to catch 'em this coming season! :Gonefishing:

As primarily a SHORE FISHERMAN, Is/Are there any lures/equipment you could recommend?

HERE THEY ARE

CrankBaits.jpg

InlineBuckTails.jpg

MinnowJerkBaits.jpg

TopWater.jpg

I know SUICKS and those OTHER MUSKY/PIKE lures are out there; but are they really worth it for a SHORE ANGLER?

I've also got FLIPPINJIGS & TRAILERS, SPINNERBAITS, and LIVE BAIT EQUIPMENT (for both smaller fish, and MUSKY/PIKE)

Just wondering if there's anything "ESSENTIAL" I'm missing...(Keeping in mind I fish primarily from shore)

Oh, I've got a LANDING NET (Should be large enough to land a big pike/musky should that happen this season!)

Last picture to post...

MY SOFT PLASTICS

SoftPlastics.jpg

Edited by FishinG33K

You definatley are off to a good start but believe me the addiction never goes away.I have soooooooooo many tackle boxes full of stuff I dont even remember what I have any more :whistling: .I think what you will find after a while you will stick to a certain colour and style of bait once you get some cofidence in one or another( GO TO BAIT) .So I wouldnt worrie about adding anything just get out and see what works for ya,you seem to be tackled up for most situations. :thumbsup_anim:

What type of box (or boxes) do you put those in?

At the risk of thread jumping here, I find the soft-sider/plastic box combos to be a little inefficient. I find that the compartments are too wide even with adjustable lengths, so that you end up quadrupling up Rapalas in each compartment (or buying four bags).

Jim

You have a crankbait in there that I use almost exclusively for smallmouth and it absolutely crushes them on Simcoe (I catch 80% of my smallmouth with it). Not going to tell you which one though ;) .

Your jerkbait selection looks great. A pointer 78 and a pointer 100 would be a nice addition. Keepin rapala in business. i see.

Topwater looks goo too but if I were going to add anyting it would be a couple of good weedless frogs. A couple spro bronze eye frogs would be useful (get one in black).

It is funny how when you lay it on the table, over $1000 doesn't really get you that much. lol

Overall it looks sweet. Congrats

Edited by Cudz

What type of box (or boxes) do you put those in?

At the risk of thread jumping here, I find the soft-sider/plastic box combos to be a little inefficient. I find that the compartments are too wide even with adjustable lengths, so that you end up quadrupling up Rapalas in each compartment (or buying four bags).

Jim

I keep them in PLANO PLASTIC boxes; and as far as the actual TACKLE BAG itself goes; I put it in my "Team Canada" Hockey Bag! :thumbsup_anim:

I bought that Hockey Bag specifically for my LURES; and I'm probably going to put all my "LIVE TACKLE" stuff (2 Large Plano Boxes) in the larger BLACK BAG.

The SMALLER BLUE bag, WAS used for my LURES, but since I've been adding so much to it lately, that small bag is freakin' useless!

I just hate it when I go fishing (purposely leave some stuff behind) but then later realize, that the scenario I'm in would've been GREAT for whatever tackle I decided

to leave behind. :wallbash:

TeamCanadaTackleBag.jpg

TwoOldTackleBags.jpg

Edited by FishinG33K

hey, i got just as much in my tackle box if not more. what i have to ask you is how many of those lures have actually caught you fish? i find i have alot of lures im just not confident with and hardly use. if you look in my tackle trunk you'll see multiples, lures i cant just go without. i find the tackle box gets massive then eventually shrinks to what you actually bring to the water.

Just a spin off from pike slayers comment, I used to do some shore fishing here in Ohio. Ponds were closer than most lakes, and the time required to drive home and get the boat out meant launching in the dark.

I used to carry a tackle box when shore fishing, a large one. I went to a back pack and narrowed down my gear in it. The things I may have needed in a tournament in a boat usually weren`t needed fishing from shore and I sure didn`t need to carry as much.

Some lures work great in some lakes, some will work well in most, those are the ones to lug around if you fish different bodies of water. Keep a log if you can`t remember what lure has caught what, where.

Colors can matter, never needed every one in a hard bait, chrome and black or blue= baitfish, green, firetiger, perch=panfish, crawfish pattern. Most of the basses food supply.

Just guessing that 80% or so of my bass from shore came on soft plastics, even at night, plastic worms, lizards, tubes. Carried a few proven baits to strain the water column but not a bunch.

Lot of baits in the bag can be impressive, but what is in the bag can be also.

I've got lots of stuff too. I actually use an antique secretary desk, that I inherited, as my tackle center. I just load up for the species and style of fishing that may be needed on any given outing. I find now that I use fewer different lures every year. I'm primarily a jig fisherman so most trips I can carry everything I need in a pocket or two. I find more lures each year than I lose, so even without buying more the collection still grows.

Awesome!! Thanks Guys!! Been REALLY GREAT HELP for me :)

GBW - I was thinking of picking up a few of those, I've never caught a WALLY before! (I should add that to my "TO CATCH" list) :D But, I don't know if its possible for a SHORE ANGLER, Considering, they're DEEP WATER fish, aren't they? (Hmm?)

BASSMASTER4 - Yeah, I'm definitely going to pickup a few of those Cotton Cordell's you were mentioning about :D

Edited by FishinG33K

The only walleye I have gotten at the cottage have been off the dock so think of it as a loooong cast from shore.... ;) I have those in perch and walleye patterns.

but you have to get a jitterbug for sure. I have 4 or so in diff. sizes and patterns. my biggest SMB to date was caught on one and I've had a musky blow up on one that same evening on my way back to the cottage just putting along...

I know SUICKS and those OTHER MUSKY/PIKE lures are out there; but are they really worth it for a SHORE ANGLER?

Get some big topwaters like Awaker or Topraider ... might take a lot of casting especially from shore, but it will be the greatest experience of your life!

Very nice selection of lures. I am also a shore angler and have not even half as many baits as you have, guess you might have a few more years of collecting on me though :P. From what i have i had good success with the x-rap slashbaits last year in the start of the bass season until i lost my baits to snags, and i see you have good numbers of these lures. Also look and try out the gold, and the purple ghost colors on those x-raps. Also a ideal topwater poper would be Rapala's Skitter Pop. I bought a cheeper BPS poper and it just was not the same, so again i strongly suggest the skitter pop. Aside from that you seem to have pretty much everything covered with the exception of more dinger/senko type lures and maybe 2 or 3 bass jigs to try out!